Body armour anyone?

Robert

The auction of the Landshuter Rüstkammer features a nice body armour and they put the limit at only €700.- including the M18. This cought my attention because their limits are generally rather a bit high. Are the two coars hooks on the main breast piece regular?
Bild_100.jpg

Homepage: http://www.landshuter-ruestkammer.de/

Robert,
The reason the limit is so low is because the breast plate appears to be the only part of this Grabenpanzer that is original, we have seen a number of these with the lower plates replaced, and to be honest, this is better than no example.
Gus

Hello,
A photo of the other side could let see if it is original or not.
(I still have seen some minor differences in the colours of the plates.)
Regards :D

Hi JR92,
You are correct that a person should see the back before labling this part reproduction, but the condition of the steel on the lower segments is very different than on the Breast plate, the breast plate has the expected oxidization with the standard Feldgrau paint, but the lower plates (excepting the bottom due to a different angle of lighting) are not showing the same level of oxidization and the paint is grey, the fibre pads are too "crisp" to match the condition of the Breast plate, and there is a replacement leather strap visible on the lower left of the Breast plate. This would be a restored Grabenpanzer, in my opinion, but I would like to have one like it to fill a hole in my collection.
Best wishes
Gus

Back