Bohemian Dragoon Helmet?

Kolschejung

I posted this question under the "other headgear" section, but was told by a more experienced discussion member that it would be better to post my question here.

I was wondering if someone could help me identify a helmet. It has the classic Austro-Hungarian dragoon comb featuring a lion fighting a snake, but is silver with a gold lion/snake (rather than the classic gold on gold style). The helmet emblem is oval, with a two tailed lion rampant on green felt, with a olive branch on one side, an oak branch on the other (rather than the classic double headed eagle). I could not figure out how to attach photos, but would be happy to send some if someone is interested ( [email protected] ). I think it is Bohemian, but am interested to know for sure, when it was used, the exact location, and more generally, what the lion fighting the snake represents (or is it just the good guys verse the bad guys). - Thanks in advance - Keith

Can't tell for sure without photos, but that lion would be Czechoslovakian. Some cities had their own wappen. I would guess, Prague. I believe I saw a similar one in the Czech military museum. Corky

Back