Brünswick Offizier

How about this one? Look at the cross on top of the eagle's crown..

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pickelhaube-Casque-Spiked-helmet-Top-/170985441866?pt=Militaria&hash=item27cf86ca4a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards

Marcel

The skull looks like a fake, no pictures of behind the wappen mounting or skull and why does the helmet have a Saxon style officer or Dragoner style front visor?

OMG #-o ... This is a very wrong helmet, put together to deceive and steel money from us :x ...
It's artificially aged, the ghost behind the eagle is artificial, the inside of the front visor is artificially aged and yet the back of the eagle seems to be mint and unissued??? The condition of different parts is not the same, this indicates that it's put together...
Nothing desirable on this helmet ](*,) ...

Adler

I dunno Karel, are you sure? :p (of COURSE he's sure!) Anyway, I saw a Prussian infantry officer helmet with this same Saxon style front visor years ago. I think it's an attractive style and wonder if the helmet I saw was a Saxon converted to Prussian or if Prussian officers could also purchase that style of body? I know I would have.

Any thoughts? Was this a certain manufacturer or style open to all, or restricted to just Saxony?

:D Ron

Back