kaiser

hi all
i want first to say that i im sorry for the big pics when the opend
by numerous atempts i cant seem to find why my pics are so big if you open them
now
i have a chance to buy a camo
what do you gents think of this on
all info is welcome

The pictures aren't very helpful because they don't show detailed shots of the liner pins, leather pads and other details. To me the camo paint looks artificially aged and scratched up. The two front liner pins are replacements, possibly reproductions. The shell's interior and exterior has rust build-up that looks newly created. In my opinion it's a made-to-deceive fake. I would run from this one.

Stahlhelm said:
The pictures aren't very helpful because they don't show detailed shots of the liner pins, leather pads and other details. To me the camo paint looks artificially aged and scratched up. The two front liner pins are replacements, possibly reproductions. The shell's interior and exterior has rust build-up that looks newly created. In my opinion it's a made-to-deceive fake. I would run from this one.
Nicely done but I must agree. One red flag and it becomes a NO GO unless more information is honestly expressed as to restoration or ?
Jerry

Well, IF it is a restored one, it is (my opinio :wink: ) really good done.
I also think that the front liner pins are perhaps replacements (not the one behind). It can also be a reparation from the 20's.
The leather pads are looking good, and for me, the paint is also looking OK. I saw the same kind of camo helmet, with 1000 less scratches and sold as a 100% good one for 2000 €... This one is for me looking much more better. Not easy to say :-k

The color of the "Rust" is not meaning it is artificially aged, i saw it on the Helmets my Grand Pa gaved me, some were staying too long in the cellar, in a dark and humid corner :eek: and there was such Rust appearing. (Sorry for my bad english).
It depend of the story of the Helmet, where it was stored, and so forth ...

How ever, it is definitly not an Indish or Chinese repro \:D/

I would say it is a good one with some possible reparation / Restoration. Hard to say, but looking nice.

Back