Cannot search for new postings due to some weird message

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Am I the only one getting this? it has been coming up for teh last 5 days or so,. So I cannot see new postings. Margo, Brian, anyone else reported this?

Could not delete old search id sessions

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'search_time' in 'where clause'

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1162991195

Line : 657
File : search.php

I haven't encountered Tony's message, but, last Friday, this one had me stymied all day:

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

While this was going on, Tony, Joe, Peter, and Brian were able to post. When I attempted to view these new posts, nothing came up unless I clicked on the author's name and Find all posts by... I was then able to see the first few sentences, but nothing more. Additionally, Who is Online remained static all day, indicating the same fifteen users.

I mentioned it to Brian, and, by evening, all was back to normal. Thank you Margo. :D

Finally, the continuity of R1's thread got scrambled during the time warp.

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2401

Mike Dwyer and I were exchanging comments, but somehow the hour/minute we posted shifted forward twelve hours and Joe and Brian's comments preceded ours (even though they were written later). Consequently, some of it makes no sense at all.

Weird. :eek:

Chas.

Nope, I am out. I get that annoying message every time I click on "View posts since last visit" for new postings. I can't anymore, all I get is that message so I am missing postings that I would like to read. :(

I just tried it. Same deal:

DEBUG MODE

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1163113288

I am now getting the error message consistently when I click on View posts since last visit, View your posts or View unanswered posts.

Reservist1

DEBUG MODE

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1162991195

Against my better judgement, I am posting on this thread, I am having no trouble (at least not since I posted in the future a few days ago and then had to wait a day so that the time was later than the time I had posted the day before) but I am sure that I will have the same problem like James after posting on this thread. I did notice that Joe posted in the past on one thread, that should really be easer than posting in the future, either that or the lead levels in my blood stream are back up in the high range again.
Gus

Now, I cannot search for new messages, but I also cannot search for topics, or information already posted, which I am afraid, makes this web site dead in the water and useless as a reference until it is fixed.

This is from a search. Same annoying message. :x

DEBUG MODE

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1163421060

Intertech said:
I'm sorry you are so angry and finding this forum so useless, but as I said I am working on it.

Did I say that it was useless? I send dozens of people here weekly who ask me for help, as this is a great forum. I said until it is fixed, it makes the forum useless as a research tool. Did I say I am angry? No. Margo, if you are going to take it personally,when I let you know about probelms so they can be worked on, I won't bother.

Back