Chin scales, Schuppenkette. Prefer convex, gilt.

poniatowski

Hi All,
Looking for a set of scales for my Bavarian helmet, officer type (not for side-posts). I'd prefer convex for a Field Artillery officer (no markings in the helmet) If you have the rosettes as well, I need those too. Asking here, looking on eBay, etc. If you know of some originals for sale, a link would be appreciated. The inside measurement has to be between 320mm and 330mm. 320mm is optimal.
Thanks for looking!Chin Scales.jpg

Just a reminder: If you do find convex scales, the rosettes need to be curved as well to match the scales. Some scales are subtly convex so hard to judge, always look at rosettes….if they are convex then normally your scales are as well.

Just a reminder: If you do find convex scales, the rosettes need to be curved as well to match the scales. Some scales are subtly convex so hard to judge, always look at rosettes….if they are convex then normally your scales are as well.
Thanks for the reminder. I don't have any original rosettes with this helmet, so I can go either way, but prefer convex, which I'll search for first. No rush.

Back