Chinstrap with Rounded Buckles

ussguppy

Chinstrap.PNG

I saw this and passed on it. I thought it could be for a police hat or pioneer helmet of some sort? Of course, the rounded buckles is something I haven't seen. I don't see an example in my reference books either, but I know there is such a huge variation. Any ideas?

This is completely bogus, the buckles are always square. We have a thread here devoted to chin straps, so please have a look. I believe it is in the Pickelhaube discussion section. Original straps without issues start at $250+ US on the open market. There are numerous fakes for sale especially in Europe. There is also unfortunately, a problem with buying anything “haube related” in the UK such as this…..most everything offered at least on ebay uk is fake.

This is completely bogus, the buckles are always square. We have a thread here devoted to chin straps, so please have a look. I believe it is in the Pickelhaube discussion section. Original straps without issues start at $250+ US on the open market. There are numerous fakes for sale especially in Europe. There is also unfortunately, a problem with buying anything “haube related” in the UK such as this…..most everything offered at least on ebay uk is fake.
I agree with Alan: the UK market is a mined camp.

Brian, speaking as a Brit, this is a rather sweeping condemnation. I have bought and sold a number of pickelhaubes on eBay UK over the years, and I can assure you they haven’t been fakes. Many have been posted here and been met with approval. It seems to me that there are fake items everywhere.

Patrick

Back