ciney 2023

michiel

today was the fair in Ciney,

I did not buy anything, but I would like to share a few pics of items that were there

Attachments

• ciney1.jpg
    ciney1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 58
  • ciney6.jpeg
    ciney6.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 58
  • ciney5.jpeg
    ciney5.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 56
  • ciney4.jpeg
    ciney4.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 55
  • ciney2.jpeg
    ciney2.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 60
  • ciney9.jpeg
    ciney9.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 61
  • ciney7.jpeg
    ciney7.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 60
  • ciney8.jpeg
    ciney8.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 60
today was the fair in Ciney,

I did not buy anything, but I would like to share a few pics of items that were there
Thanks for the photos
The photos that you did take , did you consider these helmets to be
the best ones offered at the show ?
Thanks
Steve

Thanks for the photos
The photos that you did take , did you consider these helmets to be
the best ones offered at the show ?
Thanks
Steve
No, the ones that appeal to me, some I considered buying, There were more helmets, some dealers, for instance the one from patina does not want you to take pictures

I was also at the fair yesterday and this time as a visitor and not as an exhibitor (after 17 years...).
I found the offer extremely sad and when something good was offered the prices were enormous.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy anything I liked.

I was also at the fair yesterday and this time as a visitor and not as an exhibitor (after 17 years...).
I found the offer extremely sad and when something good was offered the prices were enormous.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy anything I liked.
I agree with sander, for instance I liked the Hannover tschapka a lot with the correct white rabatte and NCO fangschnur, really beautiful condition with label of owner, but asking price € 5500.

Same for the Bavarian general, correct helmet ( a la suite) but not in good condition, expensive

There was also a Prussia general named pickelhaube in good condition, for asking price 4500 € which is not very expensive ( I will look for the Photo later)

I tried it long ago...
as exibitor and as visitor...only once (on different occasions!)...and...neither worked for me...
Even the antiques fair on the same showground, same story.
And it was my buisiness, I did lots of shows, not only in Belgium.
Just Ciney , seemed doomed to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with sander, for instance I liked the Hannover tschapka a lot with the correct white rabatte and NCO fangschnur, really beautiful condition with label of owner, but asking price € 5500.

Same for the Bavarian general, correct helmet ( a la suite) but not in good condition, expensive

There was also a Prussia general named pickelhaube in good condition, for asking price 4500 € which is not very expensive ( I will look for the Photo later)
Was about to ask how much was the hannover Tschapka.. yap expensive. But anything now is expensive though.

I tried it long ago...
as exibitor and as visitor...only once (on different occasions!)...and...neighter worked for me...
Even the antiques fair on the same showground, same story.
And it was my buisiness, I did lots of shows, not only in Belgium.
Just Ciney , seemed doomed to me...
Of course there is a lot of shit, or items you just don’t care about, so it’s easy to be disappointed, but for me one or to nice items for my collection are just what I’m looking for, I do find nice items for a correct price at Ciney from time to time,
The fun of fairs is to find the treasure you were not looking for, sometimes you don’t find anything affordable ( like yesterday) ,
That’s all in the game

sometimes I decide not to buy something, and regret that decision for a long time…

Was about to ask how much was the hannover Tschapka.. yap expensive. But anything now is expensive though.
Amy, here is a somewhat more detailed picture of the hanoverian Tschapka, I like it, it has NCO parade plume and fangschnur, but enlisted cocarde en feldzeichen, but that can be authentic I think

a beautiful piece,
but as said, a lot of money, but the specific parts: rabatte, parade plume and fangschnur are al valuable and scarce items.

if the price was considerably lower I would consider buying it,

Attachments

• tschapka hannover .jpeg
    tschapka hannover .jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 35

Thanks for the additional report
Steve

Thanks Michiel - indeed a beautiful piece. Who is the dealer? Looked like he had a lot of Imperial headgear.

I love the Bavarian (Chevauleger/Schwere Reiter?) too. Same guy?

Many US shows and dealers have suffered from the same massive price inflation in recent years.

Thanks Michiel - indeed a beautiful piece. Who is the dealer? Looked like he had a lot of Imperial headgear.

I love the Bavarian (Chevauleger/Schwere Reiter?) too. Same guy?

Many US shows and dealers have suffered from the same massive price inflation in recent years.
the Bavarian (Chevauleger/Schwere Reiter? was another dealer ( called Gilbert), but was sold shortly after I made the photo.

The owner of the Hanoverian tschapka is called Francesco , I will send you a PM with his info (as I think it is rude to share it publicly without his consent).

Back