Ciney

Nope!
Been there to buy , been there to sell, never again!
Here is what i found today, at local fairs;

Yes I was there. I had a table in Hall 2 with something like 10 pickels and some bayonets... I also met Ed (Spiker).

Adler

Joe, Believe it or not I did not take any pictures, I had to bring my girls with me and just wrangling them through the chaos and the masses was hard enough.

Adler, I wish I had known, it would have been great to meet some of the folks that are here on the forum.

I’m not bringing any more attention to Ciney, there is enough buyers competition there already,
In fact ; Ciney is not worth going to ,nothing to see there ,move along …move along …. :greentank:

(found a nice helmet and a tschapka ûberzug :p )

Nice talking to you Adler :)

Ciney you say ?... never been there ….they make beer right ? :wink:

266px-Cineybieren.jpg

I don't like the beer and the fair!
Even the antique fair of Ciney is no place to be ......to me........!
Did the antique fair; also as a seller and buyer, and "no go" too........!?
Must be the soil......... :|

Don't know Joe, things never work out for me there......
Not even during the fleemarkets they organize.....
I have been there on several occasions, from oldtimer events over antiques and fleemarkets.
Been there to sell, been there to try to buy, and it just never works out for me.
Last time I was there, was last year, as a seller! I had a fully loaded van and sold for just over the 300€!....
Imagine, I had to convince my wife to come along to help me and watch the stand, glad I did so because the p.a. kept on anouncing pick pockets all over the fair ground! And she had an important tennis game to play that day!......
Worst part is that I have to admit my wife was right when she said i wouldn't sell much, just as always on Ciney.

And yes I have been at other places, where business was bad as well, but not every time!
Been on fairs all over Europe(and even the Max show!), just Ciney is no place to be for me! And my wife keeps on informing me every 5 years,..... when I forgot my previous experience(s), with Ciney.

stuka f said:
Been on fairs all over Europe(and even the Max show!), just Ciney is no place to be for me! And my wife keeps on informing me every 5 years,..... when I forgot my previous experience(s), with Ciney.

You need to come over to Show of Shows (SOS) one year. In addition to possibly finding some great treasures you'll get to hang out with some of us!

Hanging out with like minded is always great, no objection to that! SOS might be a bit far...
:wink:

Back