Cöslin

joerookery

We got this neat little sticker for the cadet Voranstalt in Cöslin.

fri20005.jpg

This is an embossed sticker made of paper with glue applied to the back. It is the same shape and size as other unit stickers, and those stickers which are often applied to helmets as makers mark labels. I don't believe these were official just a sort of "decoration" that entities and firms could apply to letters and other things.

The cadet Voranstalt in Cöslin is actually mentioned on one of the sample pages we use for the Handbook of Imperial Germany. This is a good example of the change in spelling for the name of the city.
sample%20page%202.jpg

Very nice Joe! It's not always nessecary to have something large to be happy with, these little things are the cherry on the pie... :thumbright:

Adler

Nice find! These seals (called Siegelmarke) were used to close envelopes. You are right, they were used by official units, companies, uiversities etc. this is the first of a cadet school that I see.

A search on German Ebay gave me 15.000 hits, there is such a variety of these and its actually a nice field for colectors. Be careful if you find one in a helmet if there is no other connection to the unit or region. It is easy to apply an old seal in order to make a helmet more interesting (or to cover up something).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...65550&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Back