Col Ron's 117th

joerookery

And the wappen is mounted in which direction?

Hessian%20117th.JPG

I know, I know, Facing forward, do I win the prize? Is Col. Ron going to send me the helmet, or should I pick it up at SOS?
Gus

Gustaf said:

I know, I know, Facing forward, do I win the prize? Is Col. Ron going to send me the helmet, or should I pick it up at SOS?
Gus

If facing forward is what that I mean, the numbers must be "facing forward", but if facing forward, is not that I means, well, I don't know diddle about the question ( with the translator, your post answering Joe don't make any sense...but no problem, because sometimes, when I don't use the translator they don't made sense too...).

Hi Zaphod, stop drinking window cleaner :lol:

Otto

Hi Otto,
Your English was very good before we ruined it, I loved your post, I think most people would agree that I make no sense.
Zaphod

Joe

Either E-W or N-S posts, I don't think there is any special relevance. I have seen then both ways (however I have never seen any other state than hesse with a N-S posts..). Here is my 117th w/ E-W posts.

Dave

Colonel Ron's helmet is likewise splendid. However, to play the part of a spoiler, there seems to be a problem with the chinscales.

Chas.

Thanks Res, for your kind comments. NOW, to that low-down dirty egg-sucking heathen who DARED question my helmet...

E-r-r-r ...Whaz up Mr. Moderator???? I'll bite; what did you see wrong on the chinscales? Curved chinscales were used on all hessen officer helmets except the 115th. Is there something else? BTW, how was the auction and your duck is done...

Dave

dave mosher said:
NOW, to that low-down dirty egg-sucking heathen who DARED question my helmet...Dave

Some day I'll CAREFULLY read the threads before I add my "input" . We are both saying the same thing...the lack of curved chinscales.

Dave

P.S. Again, how was the auction and your duck is still done...

dave mosher said:
Curved chinscales were used on all hessen officer helmets except the 115th.
It's okay Dave. I had to edit the post to clarify the scales in question were Ron's and not yours.

The auction went well. I brought home a decent 2nd Division, 5th Marine Brigade uniform grouping and some other goodies. I'll try to put up some pictures soon.

Donna says thank you on behalf of the duck. Thank goodness its goose was not irreparably cooked. Otherwise, I'd be a real turkey (if not a mudsucker).

OK Joe just to reassure you that other N-S or diagonal Hessen officer wappen exist. Here is my Hessen reserve officer wappen.

BadenLandwehrCav006.jpg

Since we are on to JR117. Here is a pair of OR wappen. I own the one on the right. Both are horizontal loop backs. The bandeaux are attached using prongs. Brian

BadenLandwehrCav015.jpg

BadenLandwehrCav016.jpg

Wow. Beautiful helmets and loose Wappens. And Dave, WHAT a photo! Yowzers! Here is my IR117, it has a plain lion Wappen without Bandeau because.......

dbh44e.jpg

I own 6 hessian spike helmets. 5 have the horizontal E-W attachment and one (officer, JR117) has the vertical N-S arrangement.
Bruno

Back