Congratulations to the seller

911car

More than $ 3000,00 for a common 1860 model??!!!
My references are fading away...
Nihil admirari...
Bruno

Hello

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300221141329&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.fr%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D300221141329%2B%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Very, very, very....good sale for the seller !!!!!!!!!!!!

=D> =D> =D>

I am glad Mike did not sell this when I was bidding against him for the Bavarian overcoat, or he would have been able to out bid me on it. Mike has some very nice items, and even though this seems like a high price, in a few years, we will all be kicking ourselves for not buying it at such a good price. And best of all, Mike will be kicking himself for letting it go. And remember, the price is shown in US$, it is not like that is real money anyway!
Best wishes
Gus

Gus,

This certainly would have given me a 'war chest' for the Bavarian mantel.

I must admit that I too was very, very pleased and also surprised by the outcome. But then I must say I was suspicious and thought it must have been one of those fraudulent bidders that seem to be happening more and more frequently. But no, a genuine buyer!

The only reason I sold this was because I had bought a lot more! including the Dreyse, the Werder and a very nice Bavarian M15 Bluse that I will post shortly - I bet you didn't even see this one Gus!

Mike

flasheart said:
I must admit that I too was very, very pleased and also surprised by the outcome.

Well, good you you Mike. Like Bruno, I see it as bidding madness. I was very fortunate last night and nailed that extremely rare Ersatz fibre M95 on ebay that Randy Trawnik was offering, for under $900. In relation to rarity, the prices for the Ersatz fibre M95 and the M1860 should logically, have been reversed. T

Once again, my warmest congratulations to the seller. I am very happy for you, Mike!
Now, look around, Wihu61, and you will find them. These older models are not that rare and are, on average, (and paradoxically) less sought after than WW1 headgear. I attended the Cowan auction last week in Cincinnati and a really very nice 1867 prussian helmet with a beautiful patina went for $ 1200, not to mention the many older models that sold for very reasonable prices. A collector friend of mine found a couple years ago a great 1860 prussian model in "attic condition' and was happy to sell it for a mere $ 800.00... I persist and affirm that $ 3000 for an ordinary 1860 prussian model is pure craziness on the current market. Or if this is the real trend, then my own collection makes me a billionnaire... good to know!
But after all, this is just auction frenzy, and am I not the first one who can succumb?...
Bruno

I attended the Cowan auction last week in Cincinnati

Bruno that seemed to be a big auction. Can you give us a little rundown in the auction section? I went to one several years ago and prices were steep.

Mike the best thing about your wonderful sale is that now you can afford plane ticket to SOS next year! Actually I think part of your profit was based on the write up and the fantastic reputation you have achieved. :bravo:

Hello,

I see it as bidding madness.

I do'nt think so !

This Mle 1860 is one of the rarest I have ever seen :
This was a prototype, the two domed split legs that we can see on every wing of the eagle could hold a "Stirnpanzer".
Very very scarce during the Franco-Prussien war 1870.:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back