Cowan's book

joerookery

Its out. Not yet available through B&N. I don't have it but some east coast USA guys do. I am told the color mix on the printing is pretty poor.

I just shake my head. I remember I (and most knowledgable collectors) wouldn't touch Tony's buggered up mismatched expoxy-laden pieces of "doody" when he set them on his table at the SOS. Unfortunately,many did.
Now he is a Pooh-bah. I guess times change....

Dave

Hey Dave,
Let's try to refrain from using strong language when discribing other's stuff, it opened a can of worms on an other forum.
Best wihses
Gus

Someone sent me a copy. It is still not available from Barnes & Noble. It is not like Randy's book. Same size shape and layout. The color printing on some of the pictures is worse than in volume 1. There is only 5 1/4 pages of text. The book is about 250 pages long. Lots of pictures not very much explanation. There is a list of regiments in the back, but the five pages of text are in the front. Some of the pictures seem to have been copied fine; others I would say copied poorly. This is not the teaching volume that's volume 1 was. It does have a huge amount of very nice helmets in it. However, if you are looking for an explanation of the various kinds of helmets and why ... this book does not include the explanation. If you're looking for an example. It is probably in this book.

I looked at the book this weekend at a show. I'll just parrot what Joe said about the content of the book. However, the one thing that I thought was interesting is that both his EM and officer helmets for DR1 and DR3 have the chickens and bowties!!!

Dave

Back