Cuirassier officer helmet

dosty

Very handsome, clean officer Cuirassier helmet. Three small shallow dings near cloverleaf. Inside shows much wear, with an original plain cloth liner for duty use - I’ve seen this type once before. It has a small tear or bit of separation on each side, nothing detractive. Calfskin and velvet linings on the visors. I gave the eagle plate a sudsy ammonia bath to highlight the gilt frosting.

Note: The tail has a little play in the center. I thought I fixed it, but it didn’t hold (thus the low price). Try it yourself. Anyway, the tail is otherwise securely fastened to the helmet. Also, the spike is stuck and won’t come off. Looking inside I see some rust, so I assumed that’s the problem. Best advice: don’t force it. For sale as is, $2,900 w/free shipping

Attachments

• IMG_7575 A.jpg
    IMG_7575 A.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7597 A.jpg
    IMG_7597 A.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7596 A.jpg
    IMG_7596 A.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7578.jpg
    IMG_7578.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7594 B.jpg
    IMG_7594 B.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7599.jpg
    IMG_7599.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7587 A.jpg
    IMG_7587 A.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7582 A.jpg
    IMG_7582 A.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_7583 A.jpg
    IMG_7583 A.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 126
Helmet plate swapped as your early posts show as a reserve officer ?
Yes. I don’t believe the reserve plate was original to the helmet as the fit wasn’t perfect, so I didn’t mind switching it out. I came across this line eagle for mounted troops and it fits like a glove. I still have the reserve plate

Yes. I don’t believe the reserve plate was original to the helmet as the fit wasn’t perfect, so I didn’t mind switching it out. I came across this line eagle for mounted troops and it fits like a glove. I still have the reserve plate

Hi I sent you an email as I can’t PM but am interested in this.

Helmet arrived in good order today, seller was a pleasure to deal with.

It makes a great helmet for underneath a Cuirassier field cover which came with a mint JzP helmet with the exact same 56 stamping in the dome which I purchased a few months ago from Karsten at Patina.

Anyway thanks to the seller for an easy transaction.

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

It makes a great helmet for underneath a Cuirassier field cover which came with a mint JzP helmet with the exact same 56 stamping in the dome which I purchased a few months ago from Karsten at Patina.

View attachment 45897

View attachment 45898

View attachment 45899

View attachment 45900

View attachment 45901

View attachment 45902

View attachment 45903
That's a serious collection in the background
and a nice Kurassiere helmet in the front
Steve

That's a serious collection in the background
and a nice Kurassiere helmet in the front
Steve

Thanks Steve. You might recognize many as being from Karel’s collection. He was a good friend in the hobby and I was lucky enough to have visited him and revelled in his amazing collection.

I decided to get back into the hobby when his collection came up for auction. Picked up a few special pieces we spoke about often (not pictured)

Cheers Doug

View attachment 45897

View attachment 45898

View attachment 45899

View attachment 45900

View attachment 45901

View attachment 45902

View attachment 45903
Very cool!

Thanks Steve. You might recognize many as being from Karel’s collection. He was a good friend in the hobby and I was lucky enough to have visited him and revelled in his amazing collection.

I decided to get back into the hobby when his collection came up for auction. Picked up a few special pieces we spoke about often (not pictured)

Cheers Doug
Great helmets! Karel had a great collection. I had the privilege to visit him before his sudden death. I’m still sorry that he passed away.

Best wishes

GardeUlan

Back