Curved OR Chinscales

garlanj

Hi all
I have a nice pair of heavy curved (mounted troops) OR chinscales for the knopf 91 fitment.
They have been 'rebuilt' with new leather backing and have a great shape.
Ideally, I'd like to swap them for a pair of infantry chinscales with the same fitment - is anybody interested?
Each chinscale is approximetely 18cm long
All the best
Jeremy
Chinscale 1.JPG
Chinscale 2.JPG

Hi

I have a set of infantry chinscales but wrong fitment so I guess they're no use to you, however are your chinscales for sale?

regards

Adrian

Hi Adrian
Sorry, they’ve been sold. What are your infantry scales like?
All the best
Jeremy

So many collectors are after the M91 infantry flat scale chin scales. Extremely rare in my experience, unlike the convex mounted troops M91's. Weird really, when you consider that there were far more Infantry Regts than Mounted Regts. I have no explanation after 40 years of collecting.

b.loree said:
So many collectors are after the M91 infantry flat scale chin scales. Extremely rare in my experience, unlike the convex mounted troops M91's. Weird really, when you consider that there were far more Infantry Regts than Mounted Regts. I have no explanation after 40 years of collecting.

Brian supposedly on the M1887 almost all foot units converted to a leather chin strap. For the M1891 mount, very few Infantry Regiments were allocated the privilege of wearing metal chin scales on parade, mostly Regiments with Garde, Grenadier, or Leib status. The calvary on the other hand, all converted to M91 chinscales in 1894 and continue to use them. So Mounted Unit M94 rounded chinscales far outnumber flat M91 examples.

My thanks for the explanation T, I have always wondered about the scarcity of flat scales for the infantry hauben.

Back