Death of a Forum Member

Sorry to hear about it. I don't know him but I saw all the nice helmets from his collection.

RIP, deepest condolences to his family.

I was not fortunate enough to know him personally, but like so many other collectors of Imperial German Militaria will be, I am saddened to hear of this.I have over many years now enjoyed the images and information he has shared with us all on various Militaria forums. For instance, I remember him doing a potted history, an "all you need to know" about the Stirnpanzer on the WAF that was extremely useful in understanding the different variants and makers. A great loss to collecting community. Always very sad, and quite scary to hear of someone going so young. Best wishes and condolences to his family and fiends.

I just received another message from the family via a forum member requesting that Adler's family name not be used on the forum. I removed one post from this thread which contained full documentation of that name and other family information. Feel free to express condolences but please respect the privacy of the family.

Better late than never… Karel was such an inspiring collector and obviously a great man who left this world too early. I wasn’t lucky enough to know him personally but enjoyed reading his posts and imagining myself walking through his attic museum. I am saddened to learn that his fantastic collection will be auctioned off and eventually scattered all over the world. I think it would’ve been better to keep it all together in some museum in his memory… May he RIP.

Very sad news indeed! Rest in Peace.

Karel's collection is up in the next HH auction.
Indeed it is. This is how I realized something must've had happened to him because he cherished his collection and would've never departed from it, at least so early in his lifetime... Many fantastic pieces in there in great condition but quite pricey...

I just received another message from the family via a forum member requesting that Adler's family name not be used on the forum. I removed one post from this thread which contained full documentation of that name and other family information. Feel free to express condolences but please respect the privacy of the family.
You might want to edit your original post if the family does not want his name on the forum.

Karel/Adler was a nice man and always willing to give me an honest opinion when I needed help. I certainly wanted to go visit him and never leave.... to hide away in his collection rooms forever..... I do have melancholy when I think about his death and the collection going in all directions.

Back