DOPPELSCHLAG-PART ONE: OJR91 OFFIZIER

argonne

Hi Gents,
here are for your kind consideration some brandnew pictures of my new one.
It is a piece of the " persönnliche Sammlung" of Herr Peter Meerbach, curator of the Militaria-Abteilung at Schloss Friedenstein in Thuringia, died January 2011. This helmet has also been pictured in Reiner Herrmanns book " Militärische Kopfbedeckungen der Kaiserzeit" printing 2000, page 99. (Thanx, Lost Skeleton! :wink: ). A Haube with provenance and published! :D
Joe, as you can see, there is no "flashing" at the back of the wappen. The dealers picts were pretty mediocre. :|
Brian, the threading on the posts are perfectly as they should be: coarse and cut off.
There is also no gold wash/paint on the screw post solder. It´s something else.
Herr Meerbach was an expert in smooth metal-restoration, it was his job too at the Schloss Museum, and my opinion is, that he cleaned the adler (with star and the oldenburg wappen removed) in an ultra sound water bath. During this process (a few hours or even days), it is possible that brass molecules covered the solder (chemical process). The solder has always been there where it still is.
On the leather sweatband there are 4 ink stamps of a maker, but unfortunately now unreadable because of wearing. I only can read the word "Costüme" (Bekleidung).
I particularly love this protuberant Oldenburg wappen!
Enjoy the picts!
Philippe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BEAUTIFUL Phil, congrats!! Love that protruding wappen as well... :bravo:

RON said:
Love that protruding wappen as well...

you said "protruding". (insert Beavis and Butthead emoticon here)

Great helmet Phil! beautiful condition! I love the later style domed house star wappens.

Back