DR. 25 and JR. 94 boards

USN

Good morning gentlemen,

I was able to pick up a few necessities from a collector in Norway which just arrived last night, a very nice 25th dragoons single shoulder board which will go nicely with my Rittmeister Berger display as well as a nice pair of leutnants shoulder boards from JR. 94 which will display nicely in the case with my numbers matching first batch luger which was issued to the MG abteilung of JR. 94.

I hope you all enjoy,
USN.

20220904_071541.jpg
20220904_071553.jpg

Good morning gentlemen,

I was able to pick up a few necessities from a collector in Norway which just arrived last night, a very nice 25th dragoons single shoulder board which will go nicely with my Rittmeister Berger display as well as a nice pair of leutnants shoulder boards from JR. 94 which will display nicely in the case with my numbers matching first batch luger which was issued to the MG abteilung of JR. 94.

I hope you all enjoy,
USN.

View attachment 24786
View attachment 24787
Thanks for the post .
As a collector of helmets and shoulder straps
I wish there was more interest in the shoulder straps
While I understand this is a helmet site
there can also be room for the shoulder straps
where some of the regiments have the cypher
of the Chef of the regiment on their straps
as shown by your 2 new examples
Here are my I R 94 officer examples
and D R 25 examples
Did you know that I R 94 had a late cypher change ?
which is shown to the right of the first I R 94 cypher
Depending on the date of your Luger
you might also want to look for the 2nd cypher
You did well to buy from the collector in Norway
as he was an I G collector who is changing direction
I do not see that many nice straps being offered today
SteveI R 94.JPGD R 25.JPG

Thanks for the post .
and D R 25 examples
SteveView attachment 24788View attachment 24789
I wasn't aware of the change in cypher, my luger is roughly a 1909/1910 produced one so if these are the earlier cyphers i believe these would be correct? The pistol stayed with the german army past ww1 as it has the 1920 date on the receiver so any would work really. He was very easy to work with and the only reason I didn't buy more from him was the lack of funds, if anything is left when my next paycheck hits I'll be trying to buy either more boards or a nice JR. 76 pickelhaube thats available right now.

Thanks for the post .
and D R 25 examples
SteveView attachment 24788View attachment 24789
You do have a thoroughly impressive collection of shoulder boards!

Congrats on those. I very much enjoy photos of 'groupings' of shoulder straps etc. plus weapons, helmets, etc. If possible I'm sure we'd all enjoy a photo of your displays. It took me years to convince my friend Brian L. how good shoulder straps and officer boards look displayed with an appropriate helmet. And now he does and they look great. You don't have to collect every unit, just the ones that you have appropriate items to display together. Luger sounds marvelous.

Reactions: USN
Congrats on those. I very much enjoy photos of 'groupings' of shoulder straps etc. plus weapons, helmets, etc. If possible I'm sure we'd all enjoy a photo of your displays. It took me years to convince my friend Brian L. how good shoulder straps and officer boards look displayed with an appropriate helmet. And now he does and they look great. You don't have to collect every unit, just the ones that you have appropriate items to display together. Luger sounds marvelous.
Thats usually what I try and do, I live in a small apartment at the moment so I mostly have all of my stuff in a walk in closet but even then I try to keep things sectioned off, my luger is currently in Minnesota while I'm stationed in California so that will likely be a difficult photo to get but I can most certainly get a photo of all my dragoon items, I'm still on the hunt for a nice pickelhaube or visor. I had a plan to get a nice wooden stand made that would support a pickelhaube and be flanked by a nice set of boards and then have the "O" engraved in the center of the helmet stand but unfortunately i do not have the helmet and the banjo boards I was going to buy sold.

I'm not sure if books are an interest but I was able to get a first edition copy of the 25th dragoons unit history which was partially written by Rittmeister Berger as a general post ww2. I don't have any "professional" photos of it at the moment but I think its an interesting piece. Once I translate it from German to English I'm hoping I'll get a much better idea of the units history as they seem to be a relatively undocumented unit.

20220811_084000.jpg

20220811_084011.jpg

20220811_085103.jpg

Thats usually what I try and do, I live in a small apartment at the moment so I mostly have all of my stuff in a walk in closet but even then I try to keep things sectioned off, my luger is currently in Minnesota while I'm stationed in California so that will likely be a difficult photo to get but I can most certainly get a photo of all my dragoon items, I'm still on the hunt for a nice pickelhaube or visor. I had a plan to get a nice wooden stand made that would support a pickelhaube and be flanked by a nice set of boards and then have the "O" engraved in the center of the helmet stand but unfortunately i do not have the helmet and the banjo boards I was going to buy sold.
That would be a marvellous display. Officer pairs of DR25 Epaulettes show up yearly, especially German auctions, so I would suggest be patient and wait for a top condition pair. DR25 officer helmets can be found if you are tenacious. Issued DR25 helmets are made of ‘Unobtainium’. Decades of collecting and I could never find an issued DR25 helmet. Sold my stone-mint Waffenrock as I gave up on the helmet. I believe Bruno ‘911car’ has an incredible example on this site, a thread well worth searching for.

You are stationed…so still serving your country? Many of us on this Forum served as well, and many are my collecting friends. I greatly admire those who serve now. Bravo.

That would be a marvellous display. Officer pairs of DR25 Epaulettes show up yearly, especially German auctions, so I would suggest be patient and wait for a top condition pair. DR25 officer helmets can be found if you are tenacious. Issued DR25 helmets are made of ‘Unobtainium’. Decades of collecting and I could never find an issued DR25 helmet. Sold my stone-mint Waffenrock as I gave up on the helmet. I believe Bruno ‘911car’ has an incredible example on this site, a thread well worth searching for.

You are stationed…so still serving your country? Many of us on this Forum served as well, and many are my collecting friends. I greatly admire those who serve now. Bravo.
I have seen his, I believe hes lucky enough to have a nice NCO one if I recall and with a field cover, there are a few officers haubes on the market but last I saw deer rittmeister was selling his for around 7k. I've got about 7 years in the navy at the moment and they seem to want to keep me in California instead of letting me go back to Florida haha.

I have seen his, I believe hes lucky enough to have a nice NCO one if I recall and with a field cover, there are a few officers haubes on the market but last I saw deer rittmeister was selling his for around 7k. I've got about 7 years in the navy at the moment and they seem to want to keep me in California instead of letting me go back to Florida haha.
For 7 K you should get a minty D R 26 officer with star on front plate
Have you checked Helmut Weitze site for D R 25 officer helmet ?
Tony is correct finding a Kammer issue D R 25 would be next to impossible
IMO officer Dragoon helmets show up a lot more often than enlisted Dragoon helmets
Steve

Yes, Tony got me hooked on dunkelblau OR’s boards to match my helmets but then I also got into the cyphered ones. 👍

For 7 K you should get a minty D R 26 officer with star on front plate
Have you checked Helmut Weitze site for D R 25 officer helmet ?
Tony is correct finding a Kammer issue D R 25 would be next to impossible
IMO officer Dragoon helmets show up a lot more often than enlisted Dragoon helmets
Steve
I have checked weitze has a few reservist ones but Berger wasn't a reservist, I'm trying to build my display particularly around his service which makes things a bit harder to come across. But thats just derr rittmeister, he's overpriced and has a minefield of fakes.

Back