Dragoon Boots

USN

Good evening gentlemen,

I have been offered these boots along with potentially some items from a man's grandfather who was with DR. 25 before the war started and was wondering if someone could help authenticate these as footwear is not my specialty.

Thank you,
USN

20230404_031034.jpg

20230404_031103.jpg20230404_031052.jpg

Hello Will,
These are not original from the period. I think they were made after 1940 or probably more later.

Last edited:
Reactions: USN
Hello Will,
These are not original from the period. I think they were made after 1940 or probably more later.
Thank you, its possible these were civilian riding boots owned by his grandfather after the war. I'm still waiting on more photos so hopefully the other items are actually period.

I agree that these boots are at the earliest WWII or later. My bet is post WWII.

Reactions: USN
USN,

Here are a pair of East German DDR Volkspolizei boots. Notice they are made in the same style as the boots you were offered. They have a buckled strap at the top, a large welt where the sole meets the boot that makes them look clunky, and a leather sole. Your boots have rubber heels without taps but are made in the same general manner. Not circa WWI construction IMHO.

I hope these photographs are helpful.

Attachments

• DDR VP boots 2.JPG
    DDR VP boots 2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DDR VP boot tops.JPG
    DDR VP boot tops.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DDR VP boot stack sole.JPG
    DDR VP boot stack sole.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DDR VP boot sole taps.JPG