Dragoon haube

Hello everybody,

This is a pickelhaube of my collection, what do you think of it.

vy1fk7.jpg

vy1fsw.jpg

vy1f01.jpg

vy1f9e.jpg

vy1dh2.jpg

vy1g1w.jpg

wlyrds.jpg

vy1glx.jpg

vzu7go.jpg

Regards,
Pascal

Wow! That is a helmet I have been unable to find. Congratulations. Looks like an arsenal re-work, but everything is correct, even the twin rear spine brads. If I were you, I would buy a plain line infantry helmet to get the spike top, and then sell the infantry one without the spike, just to get one. Great helmet!

Thank you Tony for your answer.

Tell me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that dragoon helmet had pearling on the spike.
I tried to find one but it is a very rare part.

Pascal

silent knight said:
Tell me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that dragoon helmet had pearling on the spike.
You will find both. Plain Infantry pattern, and rounded Perlring pattern. Period photos show both of these patterns being used on Dragoner helmets. Same goes for the extremely rare Bayern Chevauleger M15, the fluted spike can be found with, or without Perlring. Obviously you will not be able to find a loose Perlring example, so a standard spike would do fine in my opinion.

Hi Pascal,
You and Tony are right; the spike should ideally have the Perlring. I have the same helmet as yours. Mine is in virtually new condition. Give me your email address and I will send you pictures if you wish. You have a very nice helmet!
Bruno

Back