Dragoon Stuff

Sweet ! nice haube and Luger.congrats! :thumb up:

That’s great that you made these sets ,it takes a lot of patiently collecting to do that.

:-k Is that even a saying ; patiently collecting ? oh well ,you know what I mean :wink:

Excellent :thumb up: ! Sometimes, I wish it was not such a hassle to own hand guns here in Canada.

how do you keep finding these guns the are in mint condition
you would expect that sommetimes a dug up pops up with markings but no
always in exelent condition
be proud at your collection i know i would be :bravo:

While my unit marked Lugers are in very nice condition, they do show honest signs of age and use. After all, they are over 100 years old, but I value their history more than like-new condition. You can research the history of where they have been and what areas of the war in which they participated. I think most of the ones that come available are from collections that are being thinned or liquidated due to a collectors age, health concerns or death. As such, they have been loved and cared for for years; possibly many years. I am lucky to have a good friend and mentor who helps me find the pistols and other memorabilia, and helps me with authenticity questions. It is a long, drawn out process and I only have a few of these unit marked cavalry Lugers.

Neil

Very nice photos and items Neil. Sure wish I had a Dragoon marked Luger or two....John :-"

Neil ;
I see you are in Bartlett , Tn.
I am in Shelby Co. and an Imperial collector .
We need to get together sometime

Steve

Since Keoki mentioned it:
1914 chamber dated DWM with no stock lug (C/x C/x C/x proofed)
Unit marked to the 1st Guard Dragoon, weapon # 16 staff.
Very un-comon variation luger with a very cool cavalry unit mark.
unit marked luger is the lower one in pic.
Now I need spiker's pickelhaube pictured in a lower post!!!!!!
John

Back