Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kompagnie No.8, Malmedy August 1914

This is one of those rare cards that has some real information, it is a usefull footnote in history, most cards are nothing more than, I recieved you lovely card, I am well, as I hope you all are. There has been a lot of discussion about many of the attacks that were attributed to the Belgian civilians being possibly Germans firing on Germans. This is the first, first hand account that backs that up.
Best
Gus

joerookery said:
We have to talk. There is something so wrong on so many levels when you have beans for breakfast. British breakfasts stinks. And they make this coffee in a French press which inevitably leaves you little floaties that you have to screen with your teeth.

:D <- Spotless. 'English Breakfast' is the blend of tea I prefer, not those 'orrible kippers or beans the Brits seem to enjoy eating at 7am. Having said that, I put on 5kg in '95 thanks to 3 weeks of American breakfasts as I holidayed on the West Coast. At least the English ones would keep you 'regular'.

Liongules said:
While not as heavy as everything else that's been discussed, the first thing that struck me about this photo is how much the guy on the far right looks like Kaiser Wilhelm II.

That was what I thought too.

Hey Brett,
I sent you a PM, but it has not left my out box yet, the PM system is not real reliable as messages will not alway go through, I wanted to point out that Khukri did the translation, not me, I only transcribed it, as that is the easy part.
Best
Gus

The first thing that I noticed was how nice and sharp this photo was. Typical of the circa 1914 photos. The second thing I noticed was the M1908 issue visored caps. I suppose that is because I have been looking for one for over 40 years!

Chip

Back