showing the Kammer stamping
so here it is
I had sold it to a local collector friend
He passed away at a young age
I bought the helmet back from his uncle
in 2008
not a good way to get a helmet
SteveE R 1.jpgE R 2.jpgE R 3.jpg

Forgive my ignorance but should the chin strap scales be brass or nickel plated? I cannot tell if the plating has worn off or if the white metal fittings do not include the chin strap.

It is a beautiful helmet with great Eisenbahn property markings.

A very, very nice helmet Steve! I almost bought one like it a week or 3 so ago.
It looked like yours, but the markings just didn't add up.. Only a FB marking on the right, fusilier battallion, but on the left side a vague marking..
Also no KBAG kammerstamp. I only have an M15 ER3 marked one for now.

The surprising fact is that ER2 was created in 1890, according to sources. In 1888, only ER1 existed.

The surprising fact is that ER2 was created in 1890, according to sources. In 1888, only ER1 existed.
All that I can add is that I think the II Kammer stamp to the right side means that the
helmet was issued 2 times .Perhaps to E R 1 the first time ; then to E R 2 on second issue
I have no doubts about the helmet
I bought it years ago from Kurt Siemon out of his personal collection
Kurt never owned a helmet unless it was 100 % correct
Steve

All that I can add is that I think the II Kammer stamp to the right side means that the
helmet was issued 2 times .Perhaps to E R 1 the first time ; then to E R 2 on second issue
Steve
There is another stamp to the left of the 5 C that I can't read
it is a blur on the right side
Steve

Steve
I agree with you, Steve, this may be the explanation. Do not misunderstand me: I have strictly no doubt about the helmet. Markings are beautiful.

It is quite common that some brand new produced helmets were first stocked at the BA before they were dispatched to a special unit of this BA, when needed. This may be the case here. It arrived 1888 at the BAG, was first stocked there and later dispatched to the ER2. It also could have been dispatched to the GPB or the GFR.

It is quite common that some brand new produced helmets were first stocked at the BA before they were dispatched to a special unit of this BA, when needed. This may be the case here. It arrived 1888 at the BAG, was first stocked there and later dispatched to the ER2. It also could have been dispatched to the GPB or the GFR.
Excellent feedback .
Thanks for the post
Steve

Back