Eisenbahn Regiment Tunic

Carlson

Just in today . . . a tunic from Eisenbahn Regiment 3. Overall, it's in great shape, the only issue being a little fraying around the bottom of the skirt.

dsc01578hb.jpg

dsc01583vk.jpg

dsc01607un.jpg

Uh-oh........someone is out-of-control!

A very nice Waffenrock and very difficult to find. Not Sachsen mind you...... but way to go! :thumbright:

Where did you score the Garde star Dave? Now you need a Schirmmütze or a Krätchen.

And we also have to work on your photography. :grommit: T

dbt28e.jpg

Thanks, Tony! I lucked into the tunic. The star is courtesy of Jerry Rehr.

As for my photography . . . sigh. I was in a rush, but I was excited and wanted to get a pic up on the forum.

I'll try to take a better one tomorrow.

David

Hey Dave,
Great set, It is great to see more of these items being put back together, when you are able to add items to a grouping, it does not add to the historical value, it multiplies the value. Are you going to save some money for Louisville? Are we going to have another birthday party?
Best wishes
Gus

Gus:

You betcha I'll be ready for Louisville.

Although, I hope you all draw a different name out of the "whose birthday is it?" hat this time.

Dave

Carlson said:
Gus:

You betcha I'll be ready for Louisville.

Although, I hope you all draw a different name out of the "whose birthday is it?" hat this time.

Dave
You missed Randy's birthday party the next night.
What kind of job would the wearers of the two uniforms shown on this thread do on the rail road, I would guess that they would not be handling the ties (sleepers) or rails? What other items would go with such a grouping? (aside from a Mütze and trousers).
Best wihses
Gus

What would go with that group?

I saw a nice 3rd Eisenbahn reservist's beer stein on german ebay . . . couldn't afford it right now, though!

David: A very nice Waffenrock indeed. A regimental stein from the 3rd Eisenbahn would go very well with the group. Sonmething like this one.

Reservist1

Carlson said:
Reservist1:

Very nice!

Gee, where could I get one? :D
Call Otto, he has a truck. Collecting is like digging a hole, eventually you get so deep that there is no chance of gettin out, so the best plan is to keep digging and hope that you come out the other side.
What type of belt, if any, would be worn with this Waffenrock
Gus

Back