EM Jäger zu Pferde M15.

Nice helmet. JzP have always been a favorite of mine. I have a set of Kokarden for this helmet if you are interested. I can guarantee that the national Kokarde is original, but I have questioned the Prussian one. The paint is correct and aged but the Prussian is slightly oversized, 67mm instead of 63mm. It may have just been flattened out or crushed at some point.
If you are interested PM me and I will send photos. If you want them we can work something out.

John :)

Here are the Kokarden that I have. I can guarantee that the National Kokarde is original, but I have always questioned the Prussian Kokarde. Since Coert does not want reproductions and I do not want to misrepresent we are asking for opinions on this Kokarden set.

Both Kokarden are magnetic.

The metal is roughly the same thickness on both and both are stamped.

My problem has always been the size difference. The Prussian Kokarde is 67mm and the National Kokarde is 63mm. 63mm is proper, but I have seen small differences probably due to different manufacturers.

What are your opinions? I want to make sure they are correct.
Education is always a good thing.

Thanks,

John

Coert, We don't seem to be getting many replies on the Kokarden. I could offer another suggestion --- 48mm Kokarden would be appropriate on this helmet as well as the 63mm, both were used. Original 48mm Kokarden are fairly easy to find on Ebay, and through other sources. I don't know how you feel about that, but it is a way to go "pure original".

True,I waited for some replies also before reacting about them.I did measure my kokarden,wich are replica's,they are 67 millimeters,so I think your Prussian one is replica,but then again I'm not an expert.If you are prepared to sell me the kokarden I'm still interested,I know regular 48mm ones were also used on these helmets,but prefer the larger ones. Coert. :thumb up:

I'll agree. I have seen hundreds of repro 48mm Kokarden but the only large repros I've seen were made of brass. That's a pretty obvious tell. If you are still interested I'll sell you the original and give you the Prussian. I'll PM you my e-mail address and we can work something out.

I would prefer a trade. What is the stinkiest cheese that comes from the Netherlands???

Nice idea about the trade,I'm not really a cheese-lover,but have a small shop wich sells wines and cheese,in the village were I live,I bouht a cheese there from Passendale,wich smells awful but has a nice taste.And a connection with WW1,the village was called Passchendaele in the great war.I can make a selection of different cheese there,I'll mail you about it today.About the repros I have,they are made of steel,I bought them from a dealer here,he had lots of them,don't know where he got them. Coert. :thumb up:

They always have to be punched out from the back so that the inner ring has an upwarts rim and as far as i can tel from those picks is that the pruissian one is a repro and the national cocarde is a good one

Ther are manny fakes but if you look close you stil find diffrences between a real and a fake

Jonas

I would support Jonas's opinion about the kokarden. I am amazed though, about the repro helmet liner....if you are making a reproduction, why would you stitch it inside out on the liner band??? The flesh side of the leather is out instead of being against the inside of the helmet. If you are smart enough to make a good repro.....that is a really silly mistake! :-? I have to ask Coert....was this already installed when you bought the helme?

Hi Brian,the liner was in the helmet when I bought it,its also rough on the inside,if you want more pic's of it I will post them here.The liner-band is also looking new,shiny metal.I already got a nice original kokarde from Skipper-John,will work it out as time goes by.... :)
Added the pictures of the repro-liner here, it was there when I bought the helmet.
View attachment 1

Greetings, Coert :)

Ok Coert.....if both side of the liner are rough, then they used a "split". This is a hide which is thick enough to be split into 2 halves, one piece has 2 rough surfaces and the other has smooth and rough still not correct!

Brian,I know it's not correct,but it's the way I bought the helme....I will be posting more pic's of this liner,later this week.I'm not really in to restoring helmets like you are,just want to put as much originality in them as I can...Have a nice evening! :)

Updated my photo's, and thanks to SkipperJohn now have a nice original reichskokarde.

Still looking for a cavalry prussian one, and a chinstrap off course.

Excellent!!! Like this one Coert!!! Could be a brother of my JzPf M15 (I posted the pictures here before!!). You checked the front of the shell (beneath the Wappen)???

Khukri said:
Excellent!!! Like this one Coert!!! Could be a brother of my JzPf M15 (I posted the pictures here before!!). You checked the front of the shell (beneath the Wappen)???

No, I did not, I will take the wappen off, and check it.
Are there usually markings there?

Back