Enlisted Men Medal Bar Sets: Imperial State Award Equivalents of the EK2

ww1czechlegion

Here's an update on my medal bars display of Imperial German States Equivalents of the EK2 for Enlisted Men.

I've borrowed the Anhalt & Bremen 2-nice bars from my far nicer set of Junior Officer Equivalents medal bars, for photo purposes here. I've unfortunately "settled" for a handful of 3-place bars, since some of these are almost impossible to find, as one might imagine, even in a 3-piece configuration. They just don't seem to show up any longer with any frequency as they did a few years back. I feel fortunate to have acquired them when I did.

Best Wishes,

Alan

101_3107.JPG

101_3109.JPG

101_3110.JPG

101_3112.JPG

101_3113.JPG

That’s very cool and very helpful. I have gone from knowing nothing about these bravery awards, to still knowing nothing, but armed now with Alan’s photos. What a great display.

Very nice display Alan! I just bought 3 2'er spangen, Oldenburg, Anhalt and Hessen. Tomorrow I will pick them up at the sellers place.
Found them on a sellers site here in the Netherlands, and, the seller lives close to were I live. Pictures will follow tomorrow, or the day after.

Regards, Coert.

Very nice display Alan! I just bought 3 2'er spangen, Oldenburg, Anhalt and Hessen. Tomorrow I will pick them up at the sellers place.
Found them on a sellers site here in the Netherlands, and, the seller lives close to were I live. Pictures will follow tomorrow, or the day after.

Regards, Coert.
Looking forward to seeing your photos .Steve

Regards, Coert.
Sounds great Coert!

I'm a bit jealous, as I need another 2'er spangen for Anhalt. And I need another one for Bremen. I also need a mount for my Junior Officer Waldeck cross. I have an old friend that has all three of them. I should contact him to see if he still has them, and if he wants to sell them. Then I could stop my daily searches and have a lot more free time to spend on other things, lol.

Congrats on finding them Coert, I will look forward to seeing them.

Alan:

What a great display!

I had entertained thoughts about taking on the same project at one point. I started with the Hanse crosses and couple of other awards and then got distracted (again).

Congratulations on "staying the course". It's an impressive accomplishment.

Sounds great Coert!

I'm a bit jealous, as I need another 2'er spangen for Anhalt. And I need another one for Bremen. I also need a mount for my Junior Officer Waldeck cross. I have an old friend that has all three of them. I should contact him to see if he still has them, and if he wants to sell them. Then I could stop my daily searches and have a lot more free time to spend on other things, lol.

Congrats on finding them Coert, I will look forward to seeing them.
Thanks Alan!
I just returned home with the 3 spangen, do you mind if I post pictures of them here, or would you better have me post them in another post?
As I don't want to do things you wouldn't like.

Regards, Coert. (a very happy Coert, by the way)

Back