erkennungsmarke of a trooperI.E.J.R 57 but

ernestlebourru

his place of birth, a surprise!
:)

brooklyncopie.jpg

There were a lot of second generation German Americans who answered the call to arms for their father's motherland. but this is a rare item and of great interest.
Gus

That is of great interest. Could you please post all the writing please, it is hard to make out all the lettering.

I had a schoolfriend in the 70's who had an Aunt that was living in East Berlin. She was American born, and had gone to Germany on vacation to visit her Grandparents. It was the summer of 1939. The War prevented her from getting out, and she stayed to look after her Grandparents, who she was trying to get to move to the U.S. where they would be safe if there was war in Europe. She ended up being stuck in East Germany, where she lived until she died.

This fellow could have had a similiar happenstance. Then got drafted.

Geo

in Pierre burton's Book "Vimy" .There is a Prisoner that is taken and ask's " Have you ever heard of Buffalo New York?
During WW2 there were a few of the Second/ First generation Germans as well.
Neat to see the Tag .I would like to see all the writting as well.
Mark

In a similar vein, I had an Anerkennung (special document in recognition for bravery, short of an EK award) to a soldier in the Garde Ersatz Division, who was born in India.

Chip

Back