Ersatz pickelhaube

Hermit

So I just picked up my second haube,
I can see no markings inside and have noticed that the wappen has been repaired on one side. Also the shell has been crudely carved out so I’m guessing it is not the original wappen, albeit a clean stamped piece and imho of some age,
And one of the kokards appears reproduced.
Any input is greatly appreciated 👍 hermitIMG_5499.jpegIMG_5499.jpegIMG_5500.jpegIMG_5501.jpegIMG_5475.jpegIMG_5493.jpegIMG_5479.jpegIMG_5478.jpegIMG_5500.jpegIMG_5476.jpegIMG_5483.jpegIMG_5468.jpeg

A nice looking ersatz in my opinion. Yes the Wappen was probably changed at some time but that could have even happened during the war. Hard to tell with the kokards so I will let someone with more experience comment on that. It displays nicely.

A nice looking ersatz helmet. The holes seem to be adjusted to the wappen fitted, it is a nice one, but one of the loops was resoldered on it.
And in another position.
The reich kokarde is indeed a repro, then again the prussian one can be to, since they sell aged ones on ebay.
But, it is indeed a nice helmet!

A nice looking ersatz in my opinion. Yes the Wappen was probably changed at some time but that could have even happened during the war. Hard to tell with the kokards so I will let someone with more experience comment on that. It displays nicely.
Thanks, yeah she displays lovely 👍

A nice looking ersatz helmet. The holes seem to be adjusted to the wappen fitted, it is a nice one, but one of the loops was resoldered on it.
And in another position.
The reich kokarde is indeed a repro, then again the prussian one can be to, since they sell aged ones on ebay.
But, it is indeed a nice helmet!
Thankyou, yeah good point on the kokardes

The extra holes do seem to have been there for a long time.
One of the attachment loops has been resoldered with a brass loop.
This defiantly would be post war.
Other than the chewed out liner this presents a ersatz very well.

That was fast, somebody's hooked (y)

Time to open the wallet, another hunter on the prowl.

Welcome to the insanity ;)

I’ve always wanted one since I was a kid, I used to collect memorabilia from a young age and a picklehaube was for me the holy grail 😀
Roll on 30 odd years later and I finally got one…. Then another 🤣

Yes the addiction is very bad.

Mine started due to Hogan's Heroes and at first I was just looking for a repro to have one like on the show. That was around February 2019. Now after my first real Prussian 1895 Pickelhaube I have 21 real Pickelhaubes, a Prussian Tschako and four repro placeholders.............. Plus steel helmets, bayonets, a sword and a lot of "acessories."

And that is without mentioning WWII.

It's a lot of fun!

Yes the addiction is very bad.

Mine started due to Hogan's Heroes and at first I was just looking for a repro to have one like on the show. That was around February 2019. Now after my first real Prussian 1895 Pickelhaube I have 21 real Pickelhaubes, a Prussian Tschako and four repro placeholders.............. Plus steel helmets, bayonets, a sword and a lot of "acessories."

And that is without mentioning WWII.

It's a lot of fun!
I’ve always had a keen interest on militaria,
I used to collect ww1/2 and Vietnam pieces but ended up selling them all to fund other projects.
But my main focus was always on the 1914/18 conflict, so now I have just been looking at obtaining pieces from this era.
So far I have n M16 stalhem, a casque Adrian, a type one Brodie to display along side the two pickelhaubes 👍IMG_5516.jpegIMG_5519.jpegIMG_5517.jpeg

Back