Eton volunteer rifle Corp

Zebedeus

My collecting focus is surely the Imperial German militaria, but some times I am20220330_135513.jpg20220330_135532.jpg20220330_135710.jpg not be able to resist.
So here is a recent and crazy acquisition. A victorian M 1878 home service helmet of the Eton volunteers Rifle Corp.
The Eton Volunteer Corps was originally founded in 1860 a a response to a national call to arms to form volunteers companies to defend the country against France.

My collecting focus is surely the Imperial German militaria, but some times I amView attachment 22436View attachment 22437View attachment 22438 not be able to resist.
So here is a recent and crazy acquisition. A victorian M 1878 home service helmet of the Eton volunteers Rifle Corp.
The Eton Volunteer Corps was originally founded in 1860 a a response to a national call to arms to form volunteers companies to defend the country against France.
I understand
I did the dark blue ones at one time
but figured out that I could not do both
Steve

My collecting focus is surely the Imperial German militaria, but some times I amView attachment 22436View attachment 22437View attachment 22438 not be able to resist.
Very nice helmet and in great condition. There are a lot of great home service helmets.

beautiful helmet, congratulations Zeb. There is no reason why helmets from other countries should not be collected. The magnificent uniform style of the 19th century was available all over the world :)

Back