fake or not????

PICKELMAX

Hi all friends,

I wonder if this busby is a fake and some major details drive me to believe it's a fake:

1/ the stamp because i never seen before any depot stamp dated of 1918 and if it did belong to the 11th Army Corps, it was used in the 14th Husaren Regt with white and not yellow brass bandeau, isn't it? :x

2/ the brass fittings that should be painted in feldgrau if it has been made in 1918 and this bandeau looks clearly like a copy :evil:

3/ the liner that should not have rounded longues and not ten but six :twisted:

4/ the colback hooks look all new :!:

and so and, so what's your opinion? This headgear is for sale for 1995.00 dollars!!! :lol: But I'm not an expert and I can do a few mistakes, please Tony, Joe, Chas, Keoki, Bruno and Co. do you have an idea? :oops:

Maxime

There were two patterns of Ersatz Filz Pelzmütze, the cloth covered ones with the sharp top edge and the Filz ones with the rounded top edge. Please go to my Pelzmütze page and look at the superb photo that Robin Lumsden allowed me to use of a Leib Husar wearing a Ersatz Filz Pelzmütze. >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pt/pelzmutze.htm

The "rounded finger" liner is also found on Ersatz Pelzmütze and Tschapka, but would never be found on the leather ones. But this looks to be of course a replica liner.

A friend of mine has one of these Filz examples that looks to be original, with the same BA stamp. But, the fittings, liner, everything look original and period. Very different than the one above. I just wonder about the body on the one above? What this almost looks like, is an original Filz Pelzmütze body, that has had all fakes parts and liner placed on it. Anyone? T

Obviously a reproduction. Is it really sold as original?

Bruno

Back