False/Replica Garde Reiter Lion Example.

poniatowski

While in Iraq, my wife purchased a replica Garde Reiter helmet. It wouldn't fool anybody, except for somebody who knows absolutely nothing about helmets. The helmet body is WAY out of contour, so much so as to be laughable. However, although most wouldn't be fooled by the lion, I think it's important to show it none the less.

Side views. First thing to notice are the cartoonish paws. The right forepaw is even 'smooshed' and looks like it was squished by a hammer or something.

Front and rear views:

Paws (feel free to roll your eyes!):

Here's that poor little squashed one…

Rear right (floating toes)

Rear Left (looks more like a bear's than a lion's):

More to come.

:D Ron

Here are more details:

Pits just forward of the tail on the lion's back:

Right and left ears (very flat to the head / mane) The left one is so flat, you can hardly distinguish it from the mane...

Inside of the base:

This is really cool! A hex nut with 'wings' welded onto it. I'm not too sure, but I don't think this is original. :-"

And finally, the cypher:

Like I said, the helmet wouldn't fool a soul, but it is fun to wear to costume parties and such. GREAT for riding on the riding mower cutting the grass. :wink: #-o

So, take a look. It's 100% replica, or fake if passed off as original. Very light though, weighing in at 457.2 grams with the base.

I must admit that I don't think the face is all that bad. Nowhere near an original, but still… in a pinch…

Back