Filzhelmet Photos being sold on Ebay!

Chip Minx

Hey Joe Robinson,

I have not had time to check over the forum here, but on the German Feldgrau forum they are talking about an item on Ebay that features a picture of an Ersatz helmet that was lifted from your article on the subject. I'm sure you know by now, but just in case you haven't seen it, here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Pickelhaube-Filz-mit-Garde-Stern_W0QQitemZ280162518343QQihZ018QQcategoryZ34649QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chip

Chip,

This is a bit of a problem because that helmet is sitting in my display cabinet as we speak, so quite a concern that a fellow in Germany has listed it for sale.

Interesting scam this fellow uses. He sells many $1-2 items to build his feedback then occasionally sells a high end pickelhaube which, surprise surprise, never arrives and he earns a negative feedback from the disgruntled buyer. Of course it was the postal service's fault, so he keeps on practicing his scam.

I have reported this to ebay, lets see what happens.

Mike

Mike,

Sorry, I did not know whose helmet it was, just that the pictures came from Joe's website. Let me know how Ebay responds.

Chip

Back