Flask - Big Willie?

ottodog8

Hi,
Could this have belonged to or perhaps been presented by Big Willie himself? Opinions?
KWFlask.jpg

Steve

Hmmmm, anything it's possible, but I thing (just my opinion) it can be some "classic" bottle or, I don't know how to explain in English, some "proud to be" German or "proud to be" a Kaiser man.
Sorry for my Tarzan's explanation :) .
Otto

You Steve:

The bottle appears to be cut glass or crystal. With the Kaiser's cypher, it might very well be a presentation piece. No inscription, I gather.

Umgowa Cheetah!

Me Chas.

Hi Steve, very nice item indeed. Is the cap silver? and if so is there any hallmarks on it. Just the sort of thing Willy would keep in his pocket to have a quick slug from on a Kaiser Manoeuvres!!!

I should clarify. I don't own this, but I'm thinking about it as it is available for purchase. It is described as cut glass, no mention of hallmarks or an inscription. Thanks for your input.
Steve

Steve,
Any thoughts as to the mark directly below the W? I have seen the Kaiser's mark and can't remember any mark below the W. Bill

Steve,

I don't think so. Take a look at the shoulder board cipher of infantry Regiment, 116. Tell us what you think.

Good observation Joe. Carrying the logic a step further, the reason the 116th used that device was the fact that the Kaiser was their Colonel In Chief, hence their title Kaiser Wilhelm's Infantry. He "owned" them too.
I truly think this item is somehow associated withn the Kaiser. I have seen other personal items marked with the royal monogram (a silver cup with the monogram of Mad Ludwig springs to mind), obviously to identify their personal property. I'm wavering on whether to acquire it though. The price is very reasonable and it is a neat item, but it may be too esoteric for me.
Steve

Steve:

I am interested in it as "exotica." If you decide not to buy, would you help me take a crack at it? Is it offered by the same local dealer who had the JzP helmet and cover a while back?

Chas.

Back