From Der Kaiser's

poniatowski

I purchased this beauty from Tony: Here's the link:

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It certainly looks GREAT!

:D Ron

Couldn't blame you James! I was surprised to see it still for sale, so had to remedy that for Tony... not to mention myself. :-$

This is one expensive hobby we have!
The good thing with this one is that it comes with (excellent) ready-made photos as well... you did ask Tony to send along high resolution copies of his photos, didn't you? :-k

RON said:
This is one expensive hobby we have!
The good thing with this one is that it comes with (excellent) ready-made photos as well... you did ask Tony to send along high resolution copies of his photos, didn't you? :-k

No, Tony's photos are Tony's. I can easily set up a backdrop or any sort of photo area and take my own. Anyway, using photoshop, the backgrounds can be cropped away and such, if need be. HOWEVER! I have asked others for photos to document the helmets (Such as that cool Saxon M15 from the NCO School)... so if I sounded smug, it wasn't intended. Also, taking my own photographs is part of the process that I enjoy.... kinda like taking your own photos of your kids. :)

AND, yes, it is an expensive hobby, but if you make a 'slush fund' for it, it's not too bad. In my case I have to sell my M37 Dodge Power Wagon to make up for these two purchases, but my wife and I were going to sell it anyway in anticipation of our move to Germany or my forced retirement from teaching in Wisconsin.

argonne said:
poniatowski said:
in anticipation of our move to Germany

Hey Ron,
do you mean that seriously? :eek:

Philippe :salute:

Yes.

My resumes are almost done and we're going in June / July to drop them off at places we'd like to work / live. Wisconsin is demonstrating very clearly that they don't want dedicated, career educators to work with their kids, so why bother? Time to go where the people appreciate education... I just happen to speak German the best out of the few foreign languages I know something of.

poniatowski said:
argonne said:
poniatowski said:
in anticipation of our move to Germany

Hey Ron,
do you mean that seriously? :eek:

Philippe :salute:

Yes.

My resumes are almost done and we're going in June / July to drop them off at places we'd like to work / live. Wisconsin is demonstrating very clearly that they don't want dedicated, career educators to work with their kids, so why bother? Time to go where the people appreciate education... I just happen to speak German the best out of the few foreign languages I know something of.

That seems quite a drastic step to find another place to work. A few years ago my sister moved to Wisconsin (Greenbay) to live with her husband.

Regards,

Edwin

edwin said:
Yes.

That seems quite a drastic step to find another place to work. A few years ago my sister moved to Wisconsin (Greenbay) to live with her husband.

Regards,

Edwin[/quote]

Well, I hope your sister enjoys Green Bay! There are some nice places there and near by that I'm sure she'll fall in love with. (Go Pack!) There's also a wonderful railroad museum and the people in the city are very nice indeed... as long as you cheer for the Packers!

All in all, the US Government is doing its best to destroy public education and I don't really want to get into a discussion of the damage done on so many levels by their programs, standardized tests and lack of fortitude in other areas. But, I don't see a future in the US unless things turn around soon, very soon. It's very discouraging and I don't consider moving to Germany, where I have some good friends to be drastic... just a career move. I can retire from my district after our next school year, so will PROBABLY do that (nothing in this world is certain!).
Yes, I'm looking into the university setting as well. We'll see what happens with that, but I see the ascendancy of US public education at an end. Rough times ahead.

Back