From Flanders; hello!

stuka f

Hello all,
Started collecting militaria again a few years ago, after I sold my first collection in the early '80 ties.A wife,a house and so on...
It will take a while before I am up to the level of my first collection!! Those things went up in price :eek: !!
I never tought prices would keep on climbing that hard, but well that's life.
Just like prices the replica's did well also, that is the reason why I started collecting ground dugs first in order to get a bit familiar with what is going on at low(er) prices.
I have always been into antiques and do mainly restorations at the momment, I was very impressed of the quality of German pickelhaubes front plates I ran in to during a professional fair for restorers in Holland som years ago! I didn't had the chance to talk to the guy as my time was limited and my priority's weren't those helmet plates!
Up on till now I have been collecting mainly German second WW, but the call of the pickelhaubes was to strong!
I was lucky to buy a nice one a few weeks ago, and got my second thise week, if only I could hold on that tempo!!! :D
So that brought me to your fabulous forum.
I hope you guy's (and girls..if there are any...!) will forgive me my spelling and syntax faults, but I am not here to write a novel, just a friendly chat about things we like and admire.
cheers
|<ris

Thanks for the "welcome" words!
I am just searching my way thrue the forum, and have to figure out how to insert pic's.
But first thing tomorrow I will post them at the appropriate place.
cheers
|<ris

Welcome to this :army: bunch !
And again: in case you missed it guys...a Belgian ! From Flanders !
Rgds,
Francis
Belgium
Flanders

Pictures of my first collection.
Started at the age of 11 and sold when I was in my early 20 'ties.
Never been much of a photographer!! They are old polaroids!
Thise pictures must have been taken a the age of 18, approximatly.
Enjoy.
verzameling.jpg

cuira.jpg

cutout.jpg

Welcome !
This forum is really the great, I still cannot believe the level of competence. These "guys" are awesome.
=D>

Back