Fusilier Regt 80 Fahnenfrager weddding photo

She certainly has the correct Victorian waistline which was popular at this time. In addition, the requirements of photography in this age did not encourage smiling. Last, if we step back, this soldier in his late 20’s- early 30’s has achieved a great deal...FT gorget and two acorn shooting lanyard, no wonder he can marry a young woman who comes from a family of means. Look at that dress, the veil and the floral bouquet, Daddy had money!

Last edited:
She certainly has the correct Victorian waistline which was popular at this time. In addition, the requirements of photography in this age did not encourage smiling. Last, if we step back, this soldier in his late 20’s- early 30’s has achieved a great deal...FT gorget and two acorn shooting lanyard, no wonder he can marry a young woman who comes from a family of means. Look at that dress, the veil and the floral bouquet, Daddy had money!
Wow, what a nice additional info. Makes it finally a more valuable photo.

Bregards,
Marty

Brian ; That photo has a lot going on for me .Since I have an interest in flags the fact that he is a Fahnentreger and wearing his ringkragen on wedding day made it for me .Then as you pointed out he wears his Infantry shooting cord with 2 acorns .I collect shooting cords so another plus for the photo . Here are some of my cords .These happen to be Artillery .They have artillery shells rather than the Infantry acorns .SteveShooting cords 6 Artillery.JPG

Here is what his ringkragen looked like .
SteveFahnentrager R K front.JPG

Back