Garde Dragoner Regt Nr 2 reserve Offz

Since i have a day off from work, i decided to take some photo's of 1 of my dragoner helmets. This was my 2nd pickelhaube i ever owned and still one of my favorites.

dragoner_regiment_2_001.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_002.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_003.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_006.jpg

I know the silverwash turned black on some places, but im afraid to clean it because this helmet still has his silverwash.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Beautiful helmet. I love the Reserve pieces. Please DON'T clean it. The patina adds so much character. That is a great addition to anyone's collection.
Jim

I won't clean it, i like uncleaned helmets also. My GDK looks like it was never cleaned or atleast not in the past 50 years. I did take some more pictures of the helmet and i noticed a name written in pencil. It only took me 20 years to notice...

dragoner_regiment_2_007.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_009.jpg

The name is hard to see, but since it's dark here it's hard to take a better photo, but i do read "Friederich". Maybe somebody has the rangliste of the garde dragoner regiment and find the owner.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Great ! I own an Offz Garde Dragoner Nr 2 (active Offz). Yours has all the silver wash still on. Do you have some detailed pics of the Wappen and the Garde Stern ?
Thank you !
Francis

For the record, i know the helmet has flat chinscales, but i bought it like that from an englishman who used to own a militariashop in Ypres. The helmet was collected by his grandfather when he was fighting in Belgium and he showed me an old black/white picture from his grandfather with the helmet and so far as i saw, the helmet had these chinscales.

I'll try to make some detailed pictures later in the evening, but i don't know if i wanne remove the wappen. I'm afraid to break the 2nd screw, which happened to me in the past.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Beautiful helmet (besides the chinscale enigma)!
Regarding the name, if you take your picture to Photoshop or another similar program and play with brightness/contrast/shadows... you should be able to make it out quite clearly.
Bruno

Back