Garde Kürassier helmet with Parade Eagle C.E. JUNCKER 1915

weirdpyramid

Hello everyone,

After making a successful batch of homemade eggnog :drunken: (yes, there is no store brand eggnog in Germany :twisted: ) last night, I finally got around to taking some pictures of my "latest find."

This is the last one for this year, and well, its a good one to go out with a BANG into the new year! This helmet posting is somewhat symbolic for me since I will be moving to Berlin in January and that it is a Kürassier Berlin Garde Korps helmet. ohhhh the symbolism :lol:

Its a 1894 model Kürassier Mannschaften tombak helmet with parade eagle. Maker is C.E. Juncker 1915, marked G.K.R. 1915 under the side kokarde. Under the eagle mount it is stamp G.K. 1908.4. then 11, any ideas what the "4" and "11" mean? The helmet is in nice condition with the exception of a little bit of a rust blotch on the top right side of the helmet. The liner is in very good condition with its original drawstring.

Enjoy! and Happy Holidays!!! :reindeer:
Chris

corps1.jpg

corps2y.jpg

corps4.jpg

corps3.jpg

corps5.jpg

93552890.jpg

img60652.jpg

corps6.jpg

gkrscrew.jpg

Lovely helmet WP and a nice Christmas present for you....could the 4 indicate 4th Eskadron and the 11 the 11th helmet or eagle for issue purposes?

Merry Christmas

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

I have been staring at this one still everyday since I got it, my wife is now giving me funny looks...... shhhh but I think she is jealous. :-$

Hope everyone is having a great New Year so far!!!

Back