Garde stern for Wappen offizier

Adler54

what do you think about that?
I feel it too "flat" but im not sure ..
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6229120073&rd=1&rd=1

Neither me :shock:
i've asked to the seller some informations ,regarding the size, ,and some photos from behind the red cloth too :D
but it seems he will not answer before the auction will be finished ,strange..

Philippe,
The plate looks to be an origional but it is disturbing that he will not answer your questions. Does anyone have a second opinion????? Bill

Ok , if im asking this ,thats because ive placed a bid on it and won..
But i refuse to pay it before having more informations on it, especially to know if the plate is in several parts ,or seeing it under the famous red cloth :)
Ive asked several times to the seller these questions , BEFORE the end of the bidding,but no answer at all.
Say me if im wrong but ive already thought that Ebay policy says that seller MUST clearly say if his item is a repro or not.
A phrase like "originality not garanteed", is simply forbidden ,according to Ebay rules in France, i suppose its the same in the other countries.
So ,i think i will waiting from an answer of the seller before paying him.
I dont care if i get a bad evaluation , i just dont want to buy a copy without to know it :twisted:
Regards

Philippe,

To be honest, I would not have placed a bid before getting a reply. This guys feedback is also not that good. At that price I would have passed.

The one problem that you now have is, if you do not pay he can give you negative feedback, at the end of the day it's "Buyer Beware".

I hope for your sake that it is good. But I suppose it's better to get a bad feedback rather than lose 262Euro on a bad item.

At this time, the seller didnt even answer to my questions.
Not a word ,not another foto. The only thing he send to me ,is a Email to say me how i have to pay him, nothing else :x
So i will wait , in case of a negative feedback given by him, i will give another too ,and informate Ebay services on his odd methods .
Im new in Ebay system and probably i have much to learn in bidding/trusting ..

At least... this morning , the guy send me 3 photos, this first is the more interesting ,what do you think about it?

I have no experience at all for this stuff, never seen an original on the reverse side, so its hard to decide...
Its here ,that i need your help :) ,maybe somebody among you can bring his assistance :idea:

Typically, there are quite a few more bent back brass prongs holding the multi-piece wappen together on the stars I have seen. However, it appears that there is black enameling on the back of the ring, which is a good thing and the front and back all looks right, including the nuts to afix the plate. At this point, I wouldn't give it a thumbs down....

Dave

dave mosher said:
Typically, there are quite a few more bent back brass prongs holding the multi-piece wappen together on the stars I have seen.

Hi Philippe:

This star is from a reproduction Garde Offizier Tschako. When I received it, a circular piece of red felt acted as a buffer between the prong assembly of the enamel center and the helmet. I still haven't determined whether the star is genuine or not.

SCREV.jpg

Suum-Cuique.jpg

I agree with Dave. I wouldn't give it a thumb's down, but not all fakes are poor copies.

Chas.

Back