Generals I R 16 and I R 26

KAGGR#1

Here are a couple of more Generals shoulder straps in my collection
A pair of I R 16
and a single for I R 26
SteveGeneral I R 16 .jpgGeneral I R 26.jpg

Steve,

I had initially thought that there was just one possibility for the former owner of the IR 16 boards as most of sources indicate that just Generalleutnant z.D. Hans von Corbière was awarded the uniform of IR 16 on 29 June 1913. However this extract from the Militär-Wochenblatt would suggest otherwise: It shows that Generalleutnant z.D Ferdinand von Borell du Vernay was also honoured as such on the same day.

Both had originally been commissioned into IR 16.

Corbière.jpg

Again, two possibilities for IR 26:

former Chef, General der Infanterie August von Bomsdorff (died 10 September 1912) or

General der Infanterie Wilhelm Freiherr von und zu Egloffstein (à la suite 22 March 1913).

Regards
Glenn

Steve,

I had initially thought that there was just one possibility for the former owner of the IR 16 boards as most of sources indicate that just Generalleutnant z.D. Hans von Corbière was awarded the uniform of IR 16 on 29 June 1913. However this extract from the Militär-Wochenblatt would suggest otherwise: It shows that Generalleutnant z.D Ferdinand von Borell du Vernay was also honoured as such on the same day.

Both had originally been commissioned into IR 16.

View attachment 25802

Again, two possibilities for IR 26:

former Chef, General der Infanterie August von Bomsdorff (died 10 September 1912) or

General der Infanterie Wilhelm Freiherr von und zu Egloffstein (à la suite 22 March 1913).

Regards
Glenn
Glenn
Many thanks
Steve

Back