German trophies to identify

FRONTENAC

Hi,

Here is a well-known French photo card.

Could you identify the helmets that can be seen in this image?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (23).jpg
    s-l1600 (23).jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 67
  • s-l1600 (23)b.jpg
    s-l1600 (23)b.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 64
Most of them seem to be Württemberg helmets if I see it correct.
Thanks for your observation. You have good eyes. In my opinion, three of these helmets are Württemberg Dragoon ones.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (23)c.jpg
    s-l1600 (23)c.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The one second from the rights looks to have the Dragoon style Wappen but the other three definitely have the heraldic Wappen from Wurettemburg. At least I think thats what these ol eyes are seeing ;)

Edit....Changed happen to Wappen damned predicted text.

Last edited:
Left to right...Wurttemberg Dragoner, Prussian Dragoner and another Wurttemberg Dragoner. The helmet on the bike handle appears to be a Wurttemberg Dragoner as well.

The one second from the rights looks to have the Dragoon style happen but the other three definitely have the heraldic happen from Wurettemburg. At least I think thats what these ol eyes are seeing ;)

Left to right...Wurttemberg Dragoner, Prussian Dragoner and another Wurttemberg Dragoner. The helmet on the bike handle appears to be a Wurttemberg Dragoner as well.
I agree 100% with you! (y)

Are they really Dragoon officer helmets as written on the photo card?

The postcard does not identify them as Dragoon officer helmets but they are due to their configuration. We see cruciform spike bases and diagonal visor trim which are Dragoner characteristics. The trim and fittings also appear to be neusilber which again fits with Wurttemberg Dragoner.

The postcard does not identify them as Dragoon officer helmets but they are due to their configuration. We see cruciform spike bases and diagonal visor trim which are Dragoner characteristics. The trim and fittings also appear to be neusilber which again fits with Wurttemberg Dragoner.
You are right. I had taken it for granted that these were Dragoon helmets; which is not mentioned in the photo. However, is it possible to say that these spiked helmets are officer ones (very difficult to know I think)?

We have to be very carrefully with captions on old postcards...
First, the fight at Vic sur Aisne happened during the retreat of the Marne on a single day, on the 12.9.14.
Whether the DR25 noch the DR26 were in this sector at this time.
Secondly, those 3 Württemberg helmets could also be infantry officers helmet (square visors and cruciform spike bases), or even officers helmets of the Württemberg Train TB13. But not single Württemberg unit has ever been in Vic sur Aisne on the 12.9.14.
Philippe

We have to be very carrefully with captions on old postcards...
First, the fight at Vic sur Aisne happened during the retreat of the Marne on a single day, on the 12.9.14.
Whether the DR25 noch the DR26 were in this sector at this time.
Secondly, those 3 Württemberg helmets could also be infantry officers helmet (square visors and cruciform spike bases), or even officers helmets of the Württemberg Train TB13. But not single Württemberg unit has ever been in Vic sur Aisne on the 12.9.14.
Philippe
Very good comment Philippe.

Back