Gone but not forgotten, a Hessen M95

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
I sold this to my good friend Peter Whamond last month. It never made my web site, so here it is. And Joe, studs on the rear spine like a Dragoner Haube. T

dbh44.jpg

dbh44a.jpg

dbh44b.jpg

Very nice helme T and I am surprised to hear that you sold it. However, knowing you as I do we will probably see the results of this sale shortly in the form of another even rarer helmet. In the cause of general info on these Hessen helmets, my JR116 helme which is an M71 with added M91 side posts does not have the extra dragoon style split brads on the rear spine. Brian

Tony:

I'm with Brian on this one...you must have something pretty spectacular in mind to replace a helmet that nice!

Dave

Well, I am on record for saying that I am always interested in trading any 1891-1913 helmet I have, for an older example, 1871 and before. So you can guess what happened, some people "up-grade" helmets, with this helmet, I "older-graded".

Hey Tony, when you decied to get rid of the 1914-1918 stuff (German or Canadian), give me about ten years advanced notice so I can start saving my allowance.
Gus

Back