Greetings from the Canteen

A

Anonymous

2-GUR.jpg

2-GUR-Karte.jpg

Kantine.jpg

Chas.

Hi Tony:

If you're interested in displaying the Fangschnurr with the Ulanka and not the Tschapka, let this be your guide:

Fangschnurr.jpg

Chas.

And, if you would like to supercharge your Uffz ensemble, might I suggest......

PICT0454.jpg

Chas.

Chas, you have taken a very beautiful photo of your GUR2 Tschapka. Well done. :salute:

epsomgreen said:
If you're interested in displaying the Fangschnurr with the Ulanka and not the Tschapka//

That is not a problem around here.

pt105.jpg

Chas, in the vernacular words of the current generation which I try to educate..."that is one excellent hat dude...totally sick!!" Tony, your outfit is ok too! Brian

Hi Brian and Tony:

Thanks! Every so often things come together in a photo: composition, depth of field, lighting, etc., and this was one of those rare occasions.

The Tschapka was an eBay acquisition in August, 2000. This was also my first Tschapka (I have two now). Helmets of this quality are seldom to be found on eBay these days.

A very beautiful rare piece Chas perhaps , that is why friendship attic was willing to pay $4050 on that Saxe officer tschapka 2 weeks ago! Brian

Wicked Tschapkas, Tchaps! Like Totally Bling.
Combining good photography with pieces like these - It don't get any better!

Reshpec'.

I remember the town of Hilter in the postmark. It's between Paderborn and Osnabruck. Tiny town and I remember it because I thought it was the 'other' spelling and had to look twice as I crawled past it on a train. Sennelager was a major depot in the War and for some reason I find very little information about it other than it was a Krieggefangers Lager area and in WW2 a tank training area. Thanks,
Bill

Back