Grenadier Regt 1 Feldgrau with a Prussian line eagle front plate

Well done Steve. I dont see any ghost of a grenadier eagle. It could be a war time semplification original assembly. Only the spike have a different tonality colour. Maybe replaced. I love it.

Very nice helmet Steve! I really enjoy seeing well marked OR pieces. It is unusual in my experience to see an M15 so clearly marked to a specific regiment. My Garde M15 has the correct Garde Korps stamp but no Regiment. It also has a black liner. That wappen colour is also less common than the usual grey version. Extra holes in the front of the shell, was it grommeted for the Grenadier eagle?

Very nice helmet Steve! I really enjoy seeing well marked OR pieces. It is unusual in my experience to see an M15 so clearly marked to a specific regiment. My Garde M15 has the correct Garde Korps stamp but no Regiment. It also has a black liner. That wappen colour is also less common than the usual grey version. Extra holes in the front of the shell, was it grommeted for the Grenadier eagle?
Brian
I am picking up on the extra holes in the photos
please tell me where you see them ?
Thanks
Steve

Oh...no Steve I didn't see any extra holes, I was just asking if there were any. One would think that a helmet so clearly marked to a Grenadier Regt. would have originally had holes and grommets for that eagle and not the line infantry which it has now.

Oh...no Steve I didn't see any extra holes, I was just asking if there were any. One would think that a helmet so clearly marked to a Grenadier Regt. would have originally had holes and grommets for that eagle and not the line infantry which it has now.
Sorry I misunderstood.
I will have to look at it again ?
I have in my collection a very nice Feldgrau "line " Grenadier
However I have never seen the following in Feldgrau
G R 1 ; G R 4 ; G R 7 or G R 9
I don't think that they ever made Feldgrau front plates for those 4 regiments
so my guess is that all 4 regiments used a Prussian line front plate
Long ago I asked my collector friend in Belgium about these 4 regiments
He has never seen the front plates in Feldgrau either
Steve

Back