Grenadier Regt. 7

KAGGR#1

An officer of Grenadier Regt. 7 . I have also scanned the back of this
real photo postcard .Glenn , maybe you have some information on this officer ?
Thanks
SteveG R 7.jpeg
G R 7 back.jpeg

Morning Steve,

lovely shot of Oberst (Generalmajor) Erwin von Kleist (11.12.55-23.3.10), the regimental commander of Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 7 between 19 Dec 1905 to 22 March 1910. He was appointed commander of the 71. Infanterie-Brigade on 22 March 1910 on promotion to Generalmajor and unfortunately appears to have died the next day! Seen below on parade with amongst others. S.M., Generals von Kirchbach and Plessen and Prinz Oskar

Regards
Glenn

Kleist Erwin GR 7 Kirchbach.JPG

Prince Oskar was attached to G R 7
Great photo
Again thank you for the information
I have an interest in flags and G R 7 was part of A K V
All the flags of the A K V were destroyed at Posen
I have a photo of the Fahnentrager of G R 7 with their flags at an earlier date
Later I will post that photo
Thanks
Steve

Here are the flags of G R 7 which were destroyed at Posen .I have never understood why
there are only the 3 flags of the regiment ; I B / I I B / Fusilier Batl
no IV Batl flag in either photo ?
SteveG R 7  flags.jpeg
G R 7  flags a.jpeg

have never understood why
there are only the 3 flags of the regiment ; I B / I I B / Fusilier Batl
no IV Batl flag in either photo ?

Steve,

simply put, the IV. Batallion no longer existed when these photographs were taken. All the short-lived 4th 2 company strength "half-battalions" of infantry were subsumed into 66 newly created full four company strength battalions to form 33 new infantry regiments per order of 31 March 1897. Consequently the 13. and 14. companies of Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 7 and Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 19 became the new 2. Bataillon of Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 154.

Regards
Glenn

Glenn ;
Great information once again . See if I am correct ? I was thinking the IV Batl of G R 7
was formed in 1892 ? I show in Fahna reference that a flag was issued to G R 7 / IV Batl
at that time .If so , I wonder what they did with that Fahna . Since G R 7 has a special
pattern of Fahna it could not be passed on to another regiment .
Thanks
Steve

Steve,

The IV "Half-Battalions" were formed effective 2nd October 1893 per all Highest Cabinet Order of 11 August 1893.

Regards
Glenn

Halb-Bataillon.jpg

Back