Grenadierhaube

Hi all.

What do you think about this one? The seller says it is original!?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Grenadierhaube_W0QQitemZ6251568147QQcategoryZ34649QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Doc

I think Ottodog (Steve) has a Mitre. I don't know anything but if it was real the Germans would have bid it out of site. 500 Euros is a good clue of not the real thing. :p

joerookery said:
I think Ottodog (Steve) has a Mitre. I don't know anything but if it was real the Germans would have bid it out of site. 500 Euros is a good clue of not the real thing. :p

I agree with Joe,
Otto

Hi Doc,
Look at a picture of a real one in a good book (Laine's, Larcade's, Kube's...). You will see it is quite different....
Bruno

I have one exactly like it. They did remake these for the anniversary celebration and those do have age, but it would be impossible to determine the era without seeing the interior. My guess is an anniversary piece that would coincide with the price he's asking. Corky

I think Ottodog (Steve) has a Mitre

Yes, I do have a mitre from the Kaiser Alexander Regiment. When I strike oil on the back 40, I'll pick up a First Foot Guards type. I have studied them, but haven't handled too many. I'm not an expert, but in my opinion this one is either a kinder or a centennial piece. It doesn't look anything like any issue piece I'm familiar with. Steve

Back