Guard Landsturm collar dog

joerookery

Quite a fuzzy picture but it is one -- second one I've seen.
gdldst_7_3.jpg

avb1915_5.jpg

While the symbol looks like some sort of a fancy "G", the actual symbol looked very much like an S.
gdldst_7_4.jpg

Nice, Joe. That's very difficult to see, it took a few second for my eyes to realize where the S was on the collar! :D

It is extremely difficult to see and this is the best I could do. The original picture has about a dozen guys in it, three of them have collar dogs but this is the only one that is even slightly legible. I'll keep searching!

One two-syllable word covers this: AWESOME!

Joe, this is a ripper picture - to use some Aussie vernacular. I now have a new quest - get me one of those!

:thumb up: Well done and thanks for posting it.

Garde-Landsturm-Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon Döberitz. According to The German Forces in the Field November 1918, the Battalion remained inside Germany throughout the war.

joerookery said:
I have a couple more but I think that top one is best.
We can always work a trade.

Sounds like a plan. What would you trade for a wife who puts petrol in your spanking new turbo-diesel Volkswagen Jetta?

Geez I am sorry. I am sure she feels pretty poorly. I hate to think how much that costs to fix. My daughter blew her engine in her Mercedes because she didn't change the oil for 35,000 miles.

Family is a wonderful thing despite any ups and downs they may bring, I am sure I am like most all of you and wouldn't trade mine for anything.

joerookery said:
Geez I am sorry. I am sure she feels pretty poorly. I hate to think how much that costs to fix. My daughter blew her engine in her Mercedes because she didn't change the oil for 35,000 miles.

Family is a wonderful thing despite any ups and downs they may bring, I am sure I am like most all of you and wouldn't trade mine for anything.

Too true Joe. My comment was very much tongue-in-cheek.

AUD$880.00 to 'flush-out' the tank and replace a filter. Petrol didn't enter the system because she was smart enough not to start the engine after she realised what she'd done. I'd hate to think of the cost if she had started the car - or worse, tried to drive it away.

AU$880 to flush the tank and replace the filter? I would think they should be able to replace the tank for that price, I think I would have gone to the local hardware store and bought a few gas jugs and a bit of garden hose and drained the tank myself. Petrol with not do as much damage to an Diesel engine as a bit of Diesel will do to a petrol engine.
Best wsihes
Gus

Gustaf said:
AU$880 to flush the tank and replace the filter? I would think they should be able to replace the tank for that price, I think I would have gone to the local hardware store and bought a few gas jugs and a bit of garden hose and drained the tank myself. Petrol with not do as much damage to an Diesel engine as a bit of Diesel will do to a petrol engine.
Best wsihes
Gus

This was all arranged at the bowser of the local service station prior to my becoming aware of the incident. The tow truck had spirited the car away before the '150'* had even arrived back home.

Cheers,

- Brett

*150. Pronounced 'one-fifty'. Call-sign for a police inspector and nick-name for a policeman's wife :D

I am lost!

I would not have drained the tank myself as I am too lazy and I have found that my purpose in life is basically to throw money at problems.

But I got to tell you I have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about 150. I might as well be in China again -- have you ever considered talking to spiky Mikey? I don't think either of you two Would ever understand one another! :D :D :D

joerookery said:
I am lost!

I would not have drained the tank myself as I am too lazy and I have found that my purpose in life is basically to throw money at problems.

But I got to tell you I have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about 150. I might as well be in China again -- have you ever considered talking to spiky Mikey? I don't think either of you two Would ever understand one another! :D :D :D

Hey Joe, I added an addendum for the uninitiated.

"150. Pronounced 'one-fifty'. Call-sign for a police inspector and nick-name for a policeman's wife :D"

I fluked this picture recently.

I don't know if this is some sort of Australian code or proof positive of your membership in the Communist Party however I have never heard the word "fluked".you must come from a land down under!

joerookery said:
For something that's hard to find we certainly have found a few!

True enough Joe. The more we unearth, the less 'rarer' they become, price does down - that's the theory.

Back