Half Size M15 Haube

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I am working on a Prussian M15 at the moment, which is marked size 59 1/2. The maker is Julius Jansen Stassbourg, date 1916. I was wondering if anyone has seen a half size M15 before? One last question...has any member owned or seen an original filz helme with a liner which was not dyed black? My experience suggests that sometime post 1915 we begin to see the M15's with the natural tan liners but I have never seen a felt helmet which did not have a black coloured liner. Brian

Hello Brian, my M15 JzP is stamped 56 1/2 on the back rim. Does that count? I've not yet seen a half size on M15 leather 'hauben.

Thanks for the JzP info Mike. Any other members with half size helmes??? Or natural coloured liners in a filz helme? Brian

Brian- here is one of mine with a brown liner!

Thanks

James

brownliner.jpg

Well James, you have scored 2 firsts as far as I am concerned. One with the tan liner and another for showing a filz helme with rear seam split which was then sewn up. I have never seen either of these before! I guess they were getting near the end of the bolt of felt when that baby was created. That rear seam goes back to the old pre 1895 style. Brian

Back