Hanoverian Field Artillery at local auction house

garlanj

Hi all
Not strictly eBay but this item has come up at a local auction house advertised as "Imperial German One Year Volunteers Pickelhaube of Field Artillery Regiment von Scharnhorst (1. Hanoversches) Nr10" and appearing to be Hanoverian has got me interested.
Artillery Helmet
Taking into account that the trichter looks bad, does anyone have any thoughts and can anyone help with the markings and if the OYV was actually in this regiment?
I've tried to add a couple of pics below in case people cant get into the site.
Many thanks
Jeremy

Front.jpgLeft.jpgInside 1.jpgInside 2.jpgInside 3.jpg

Hi all
Not strictly eBay but this item has come up at a local auction house advertised as "Imperial German One Year Volunteers Pickelhaube of Field Artillery Regiment von Scharnhorst (1. Hanoversches) Nr10" and appearing to be Hanoverian has got me interested.
Artillery Helmet
Taking into account that the trichter looks bad, does anyone have any thoughts and can anyone help with the markings and if the OYV was actually in this regiment?
I've tried to add a couple of pics below in case people cant get into the site.
Many thanks
Jeremy

View attachment 17533View attachment 17534View attachment 17535View attachment 17536View attachment 17537
Not only. This helmet could also belong to FAR 46, batteries 1,4,5,6:L1060787 (2016_06_09 15_02_06 UTC).JPGL1060794 (2016_06_09 15_02_06 UTC).JPGL1060796 (2016_06_09 15_02_06 UTC).JPG

Not too sure how good the trichter is, but can you please remind me what the F signifies?
Also is there a way of confirming if Ihssen was ever a OYV in either regiment?
Cheers all

I've always taken a stand alone F to mean that the helmet was regarded as for field use. Meaning it was quite up to quality standards. OYV helmets could be anything, the Volunteer could rent a helmet from the QM to purchase the top of the line. Check out the http://pickelhauben.net/one-year-volunteer-oyv/ on them.

Hi, thanks for all the info - invaluable as ever.
Does anyone know how I could confirm that the label for OYV Ihssen is legit? Was there an Ihssen in the 1st battery of either regiment?

Back