Happy Birthday Kaiser Bill!

Rendsburg

Hi Bill,
Happy Birthday, that's your second aniversary on Pickelhaubes.com.
Have a nice day with your family!!!
Otto& Co.

Hi Kaiser Bill,
Happy birthday, I see that Otto cheated and posted yeaterday, I was going to post at mid night, but could not get it to load, and Otto had already posted anyway, hope you get lots of pointy things for the big day.
Zaphod

Kaiser Bill said:
Otto & Gus,
Thanks for the birthday greetings.... even if Otto was one day early. Bill

Hi Bill, when I posted the greetings, I was in the 16th minute of the 25 and Gus was posted in 19th minute. Gus is envious because I was the first greeting you :lol:
Otto

"Hi Bill, when I posted the greetings, I was in the 16th minute of the 25 and Gus was posted in 19th minute. Gus is envious because I was the first greeting you
Otto"

Sorry Otto, but you need to read the day on your post, you were one day early, and don't try ot say that you are in a different time zone.
Zaphod

Hi Zaphod,
There is:

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:16 am

Rendsburg

Hi Bill,
Happy Birthday, that's your second aniversary on Pickelhaubes.com.
Have a nice day with your family!!!
Otto& Co.

Hey Otto,
My steam power computer is so fast, it is a day ahead of yours.
Gus

Yes but all posts are Greenwich mean time which drives me CRAZY!!!!! Hay Brian can you set our clocks to EST or CST? Thanks, Bill

Hi,
I'm going crazy too, looks what's apears on the botton of my pages:

All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Stop watching this topic

:lol: TT :lol:

Happy Birthday Bill!

Under "Profile" you can adjust the clock for your time zone. It will remain correct as long as you're logged in. Eastern Time = GMT - 4,
Central Time = GMT - 5, Zaphod Time = GMT + 19, etc.

Time flies when you're Samurai.

Chas.

epsomgreen said:
Happy Birthday Bill!

Under "Profile" you can adjust the clock for your time zone. It will remain correct as long as you're logged in. Eastern Time = GMT - 4,
Central Time = GMT - 5, Zaphod Time = GMT + 19, etc.

Time flies when you're Samurai.

Chas.

I don't know nothing about world times. How is the Rio de Janeiro time?
GMT what?
Otto

Thanks Chas. I must also remember that we are an international forum with members from all over the world. I've got to look at the BIG picture. Bill

Gee Bill, now you have confussed Otto. Otto, GMT stand for Greenwich Mean Time. All time is based on Greenwich England because a fellow there was the only person who kept his clock running, so the meridian for the world was set n the longitude that passes through this small village.
Best wishes
Zaphod

Oh, Gus!

I'm certain Otto knows what Greenwich Mean Time is. :lol: I think his question is/was what is the adjusted GMT for Rio de Janiero.

Otto, the answer is GMT - 3 hours.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/time.htm

Speaking of time, it is now time for Chas. to go off topic. March 1995, our honeymoon, here I am in front of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, England.

ROGreenwich.jpg

And, straddling the Greenwich Meridian: one foot in the Eastern Hemisphere, one foot in the West. Yes, I synchronized my watch there and simultaneously synchronized to it to every railroad clock in Britain.

hemispheres.jpg

Chas.

Oi Chas,
Thanks!

and yes Zaphpod, I know what is Greenwich. It's a place where people live and have fun, Greenwich Village (NY) :lol:
Otto

Hi Bill, Gus , Chas and caterva,
Greetings mistery time solved. I was registered with GMT-2. Zaphod don't put away your steam powered computer, in a few days or weeks, it can got to the category of "antiques"(good money coming...) :lol:
Otto

Back